Second Skin Audio

Kicker Cvx

Eric B

Alright Christmas is coming near and for Christmas Im giving my brother my amp whick is my Hifonics Bxi 1606D and Im lookin at giving him a Kicker CVX 12". Well the place im looking at getting it at only has the dual 2ohm version and its rated at 750WRMS and the amp is rated at putting out 1600WRMS which it doesnt and only puts out about 1000-1200WRMS you think that the sub could handle that fine?

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals

3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals

well, i had a 10 inch cvx in a sealed box that took 900 RMS of dirty low voltage power, for a short while but the the coils started smelling and the cone started vibrating or something or another maybe the coil was scratching, im not sure. i would run but maybe 100 or so more RMS to the woofers. i have seen though 2 12" cvx's in a crx with a DD Z1 on each.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

B)-->

QUOTE(Eric B @ Oct 19 2007, 10:17 AM) 179529[/snapback]
Alright Christmas is coming near and for Christmas Im giving my brother my amp whick is my Hifonics Bxi 1606D and Im lookin at giving him a Kicker CVX 12". Well the place im looking at getting it at only has the dual 2ohm version and its rated at 750WRMS and the amp is rated at putting out 1600WRMS which it doesnt and only puts out about 1000-1200WRMS you think that the sub could handle that fine?

is all that power going to one sub??

Behind every great man....is an underwear tag!

Archived