Sundown Audio

MB Quart Onyx 1500.1

Mr. Yuk

Hey guys semi new to the forum been around for a long time just dont post too much.. anyways im finally able to start my system and was planning on an aq1200d and hdc3 18 with copper coil. Somewhere i saw the mb quart 1500.1 suggested instead of an aq1200d and it also happens to be about 30 bucks cheaper including a wiring kit.. just wondering of the build quality with this new mb quart stuff or if i should just avoid at all costs and stick with the aq1200. thanks for any help Ive searched but it always ends up being mixed results and nobody seems to have solid play time with either amp still they claim to know which is better.

just got a fatty check from work kind of looking to order today any input would be great. I basically dont want to pass up a great deal if the onyx is a good amp. if its not i have no problem forking out the cash for the aq as it seems to be a fairly good amp.

I have never used either amp, but i have used a few hifonics amp which is the same company..

but if money is an issue you could save a few bucks and get the mb quart im sure its ok... the wiring kit will likely be junk tho

if it were me id just go with the AQ, i mean itll match ur sub, its likely equaL to if not better than the mb quart, and the resale value on the AQ will more than likely be higher, when you wanna upgrade..

Go AQ youll be happy

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

the wiring kit was cadence 4 guage kit. speaker wire was kinda small but i figured a lot of people liked them so it might be good. thank you for the response though i have heard great things about the aq mostly that it does rated+ and never gets warm. basically just didnt wanna sell myself short and not buy a 1500 watt amp for less if the mb was a good one.

Edited by Mr. Yuk

I don't think you'll have a problem with the mb quart, but like p4killer said, the amp kit probably isn't the best for that amp. A 4ga wire is what you need but my experience with the cadence wire is it is MUCH lighter than a true 4ga. Looks to me like cca even tho cadence swears it's copper... Idk I'm sure you'll be fine with that wire, but to he honest if it was me I would buy the same amp but without the wiring kit and then just buy a good 4ga elsewhere. But that's just me, you'll probably be just fine either way

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs