building system, wondering about hairtricks

You should really stick around here for another 5 months before you do anything in that van, your ideas will change plans, equipment, ect ect. good luck

That would be very smart stick around for maybe 2 months and your views will change and you will be like holy shit i was an idiot

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

I laughed, cried and spit a drink...

just came back in here and actually re-read what i posted the other day lol

how stupid it sounded

been reading alot in the forums, instead of going with a ton of diff subs mixed together with mids/highs, ive changed my mind alot

now im thinking about going with 2x audiopipe 30001D "1500 rms @ 1 ohm 2-channel"

tuning it low, probably in the mid 30-40s range

and either 6x 15s or 4 18s, but it wont be all at once, the budget is still a bit low, so ill most likely just go with 1 amp "maybe even the aq 3500" and just 2x 15s or 18s till i get cash saved up.

gotta start somewhere, going with a ton of crap subs wouldnt work and would be REALLY distorted

so ill just get a couple good ones and work up to a full system over the next couple months - year etc instead of wasting money on junk thats going to break after a month.

still going to give it a while before making the real decision, for all i know, i might go with something completely different tomarrow lol

depends what ideas i get from checking the forums and prices of everything

besides all of that, i think my driveshaft in the van is slowly starting to go.... its been driving strange while pressing on the gas going up hills, feels like the whole front end is shaking/bouncing off the road.

hopefully its just a u-joint going bad or support bearing, those dont cost too much "bout $30"

so as for my budget, im thinking about dropping it down to $2-2.5k now instead of $3500

Edited by Grelko

Optimus XL-400w amp 2x 10s IMPP 400w 2x something or other in dash 2x 35w radioshack 8" full-range AcDelco factory radio "frankenstein'd from my dead buick" Dodge seats 1984 Chevy G30 full size 1-ton van "Rust Monster" Progress - around 15% primer/patching

Sold the van in 2014, had it about 75% done, never did get the system in it. Bought a 2000 Chevy S10, still using the same amp/subs. Headunit is XO Vision X538. It's 52x4w, has a dvd player, auto flip out 7" touch screen plus alot more and is a single din.

• 2 weeks later...

I took a good bit of time to read tons of everything about everything lol.

and yes, the older posts i had up in this topic were pretty shitty.

So, I've finally made a decision.

.75 up to 2.25in. of MDF, making the box myself 52.5 wide, 35.25 high, 20+ depth. "up to 48 depth if needed" tuned low 30-35 with a slot port

8x Street Duty SDC2.0-12-D4 500w 250wrms

2x Audioque AQ1200D 1200 rms amplifiers

Optimus XL-400w amp 2x 10s IMPP 400w 2x something or other in dash 2x 35w radioshack 8" full-range AcDelco factory radio "frankenstein'd from my dead buick" Dodge seats 1984 Chevy G30 full size 1-ton van "Rust Monster" Progress - around 15% primer/patching

Sold the van in 2014, had it about 75% done, never did get the system in it. Bought a 2000 Chevy S10, still using the same amp/subs. Headunit is XO Vision X538. It's 52x4w, has a dvd player, auto flip out 7" touch screen plus alot more and is a single din.

I'd say keep studying subs man... And 15's and 18's can too play rock. I listen to deathcore/deathmetal and some of it sounds great, some of it not so much, the stuff that doesn't really sound good is because the song just doesn't have bass, simplee as that! But if you want to tune your box all low then even tens arnt gunna act a whole lot different then 18's because of the way your box is tuned. That's just how it is man.

But you should study subs more cause even tho your starting to get on the right track you still can get much better :)

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

You much better off with 2-4 good big subs than 8-10 crappy-almost not crappy subs. And it'll be cheaper, or close to the same price at least. That's why most people in this forum and in others have 1-2 big ass nice subs in their set ups, much easier, cheaper, and a better turnout all around

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs