Sonic Electronix

Wouldnt you think my focus should be on beefing up my alt, Batteries, and power cables then maybe getting better subs? My volts while driving are like 12.8-13.8. Sometimes even lower if its a continuous low note. Oh and is it possible my amps not even pushing out 2400W since its only getting 60-80 amps from my stock alt?

caps only help if you already have steady voltage. Even with 4 alternators and 12 batteries, the alternators cant always catch up to a big hit of bass which will cause a slight drop in voltage (example .2-.4v) and the capacitor is the aid to the alts not being quick enough, so the cap takes the extra draw and that slight drop is less or not at all. (they only work for single heavy hits) but thats what i think they are for iirc.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Wouldnt you think my focus should be on beefing up my alt, Batteries, and power cables then maybe getting better subs? My volts while driving are like 12.8-13.8. Sometimes even lower if its a continuous low note. Oh and is it possible my amps not even pushing out 2400W since its only getting 60-80 amps from my stock alt?

beef up the cables first, then see what your working with. next would probably be a bigger battery, or another hc600 in the back, which should make your voltage stay in a nice area with slight drops on heavy bass lines or hits. and even though you alt on does say 60-80, the amp pulls amps from the batts too so i can produce 2400 watts even though the alt is stock. (example - a 4000 watt amp with say 4 batteries only draws 50amps from the alt because of the help of the 4 batteries(not based on real situations))

Edited by ChevyBoy95

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Ok, I found this alt so far. Still waiting on a reply from DC Power. http://www.maniacelectricmotors.com/130amphiousu.html

Think that will work for now with maybe 1 or 2 more Kinetic HC600s?

Oh and I just repositioned my subs.. One sub n port facing left side of hatch and other facing driver side of hatch. I can actually feel air pushing through my window now. woooooo! haha. So, I guess I know how to position my next box.

-Peace

CMW xD

Anyone? xD

Ok, I found this alt so far. Still waiting on a reply from DC Power. http://www.maniacelectricmotors.com/130amphiousu.html

Think that will work for now with maybe 1 or 2 more Kinetic HC600s?

Oh and I just repositioned my subs.. One sub n port facing left side of hatch and other facing driver side of hatch. I can actually feel air pushing through my window now. woooooo! haha. So, I guess I know how to position my next box.

-Peace

CMW xD

Subs up, port back. 6ft^3 net port tuned to 32 Hz. Leave the box the ports width away from the rear hatch. At 6ft^3 try to use 90in^2 of port area. Upgrade to at least a run of 1/0 to the rear. Just run it overyour existing 4ga. No use in wasting existing wire. Look into a bigger battery for the rear to aid the HC600. The HC600 is a small battey for your specifc application. Look into a larger battery such as a Deka 9a31 or a similar group 31. The alternator could honestly hold off for now on that power. That will give you more money towards subs and building materials. In that price range I'd look into both the DC Audio Level 3 line as well as Sundown's SA line. Both rather efficient drivers and should do you great off of that power.

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

Those batteries cost more then a new alternator lol. I might just get the 130amp alt for $168 and another battery. My funds are kinda on the low side atm. :(

Oh and where can I get a good SPL meter or something? I see alot of people using some kind of software on their laptops, is this downloadable?

Subs up, port back. 6ft^3 net port tuned to 32 Hz. Leave the box the ports width away from the rear hatch. At 6ft^3 try to use 90in^2 of port area. Upgrade to at least a run of 1/0 to the rear. Just run it overyour existing 4ga. No use in wasting existing wire. Look into a bigger battery for the rear to aid the HC600. The HC600 is a small battey for your specifc application. Look into a larger battery such as a Deka 9a31 or a similar group 31. The alternator could honestly hold off for now on that power. That will give you more money towards subs and building materials. In that price range I'd look into both the DC Audio Level 3 line as well as Sundown's SA line. Both rather efficient drivers and should do you great off of that power.

Deka 9a31. Group 31 battery. 100Ah. 73lbs or so. Sale on Caco...etc for about $120.00 a piece. Saw them at a swap meet brand new selling for aroun $90.00. Two of them held my Crescendo 3kwp to 13.0V @ .5 ohms on a stock alt. And don't go cheap on an alt. Definite no-no. Build a decent battery reserve first so you can actually play a little at idle.

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.