looking to hit around 150-155Db SPL

Grelko

Had an estimate of 6400 for an alpine/clarion setup dealer said it "should" hit around 160db with the custom boxes he was going to make for me..doubtful with so much area to move but, budget is way below that :( any ideas on cheaper brands for that kind of Spl setup? really didnt want to try any Boss or soundstorm, thinking Quantum figure around $150 per speaker "$1800 total" and $1700 to power it, first actual big setup for the van.

now this is going on my sig

xspower.jpg

ShowImage-1.jpg

Had an estimate of 6400 for an alpine/clarion setup dealer said it "should" hit around 160db with the custom boxes he was going to make for me..doubtful with so much area to move but, budget is way below that :( any ideas on cheaper brands for that kind of Spl setup? really didnt want to try any Boss or soundstorm, thinking Quantum figure around $150 per speaker "$1800 total" and $1700 to power it, first actual big setup for the van.

New MEMPHIS CAR AUDIO build

4 15s Memphis C3

2 xs power D3100

1 xs power d3400

custom fiberglass door pannel

and lots more

My Build

we have a gmc safari cargo van doing a 154.2 db sealed on the termlab 4 12" subs in a 6 cubic foot ported box that sits 6 inches from the back doors dont know if its 1/20th of volume but we are pretty happy.

oh nice man, wasnt sure if you could get much power going with 4 12s in a full size or not. get any hair tricks going on out the front window or side door?

would love to see tricks happening with the huge sliding door open in my van lol, prolly need like 24+ subs though

ive actually decided to go a diff route with it since after i ripped up the 6 year old floor boards i found a bigass hole i gotta get patched+ couple smaller ones....ya fun..budget is crushed for the next couple months

most likely wont even be able to get the system done till atleast spring or later.. money is tight now, but until then while fixing up the van i was going to rebuild the interior walls out of MDF or birch plywood for better acoustics (basically making the whole van a big sub box lol) instead of that old ass OSB plywood that was in there.

and to FaTbOy911 i lol'd about you snagging that as your sig, i have no idea wtf that guy was smoking but it sounds like he had a bit much that day

Optimus XL-400w amp 2x 10s IMPP 400w 2x something or other in dash 2x 35w radioshack 8" full-range AcDelco factory radio "frankenstein'd from my dead buick" Dodge seats 1984 Chevy G30 full size 1-ton van "Rust Monster" Progress - around 15% primer/patching

Sold the van in 2014, had it about 75% done, never did get the system in it. Bought a 2000 Chevy S10, still using the same amp/subs. Headunit is XO Vision X538. It's 52x4w, has a dvd player, auto flip out 7" touch screen plus alot more and is a single din.

There's always good deals in the for sale section.

Teamflexissueslong.jpg1995 Sonoma with camper shellJVC KD-R900(12) Incriminator Audio Lethal Injection 15s

Crescendo BC5500 ( sent to me not 18v capable)(7) XS Power d1600(2) 350amp Mike Singer AltsStripper Pole FTW

Member Build Under ConstructionYoutube Videos

I would by myself a termlab first, that´s gonna help you getting loud without much problems :)

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Archived