Sonic Electronix

im going to a local comp next month, i dont have any chance of winning, but i am going to meter my system

SO i wanted to know what exactly the terms MECA, USACI, OUTLAW etc all mean?

my truck isn't near as loud sealed up as it is with windows down etc. i wanna just get the loudest meter i can, but with doing something legal.

so i can tell people i did a, for example , a 143.1 sealed usaci style or something lol im totally knew to the whole SPL meter game

Driving my 2008 Dodge Ram 2500 MEGA cab with the 5.7 hemi.

Audio: Two 10" Alpine Type R's ( 1000rms models )

Hifonics BRZ 2400.1D @ .5 ohm

Two Kinetic 1400 batteries ( soon to have XS power under hood )

Tsunami 1/0 Awg wire throughout truck.

Stock Infinity 7 speaker system ( Junk ) soon to be replaced, probably all Alpine.

Exterior: 17"Dick cepek rims with 33" Toyo MT tires

Bushwacker fender flares

Magnaflow true duel exhaust

LED tail lights with Projector headlights

Plasti-dip fun coming soon!

dbdrag, sealed on the dash is the "legal" way and seen as the standard. meca measures at the head rest door open or closed. outlaw is in the passenger kick, door open or closed.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

thanks! i'll have to meter all them and see how it does lol. cause sealed up is deffinetly not near as loud as having a door / windows open

Stock Infinity 7 speaker system ( Junk ) soon to be replaced, probably all Alpine.

Bushwacker fender flares

Usaci style (door open and sensor on the kick) it´s definitly the loudest way to meter a car, personally i´ve only metered one of my cars this way and i think it´s dumb, meca it´s the most difficult but the most realistic also since the sensor is placed exactly where you hear your system when you are in the car driving or demoing it, db drag it´s the one they call "legal" , it´s sealed with the sensor on the dash.

Personally, i meter the cars most of the times with driver´s door open and sensor on the windshield since that´s the way we bass race over here :)

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

i was messing around in my truck, i sat on the passenger side with the drivers door open with all windows closed and DAMN! was waaay louder that was ( atleast on the passenger side ) then any other way i listened to it lol im deffinetly going to meter it usaci style when i go, im hoping for a 145+.. i heard 9 10" Clarions at a local shop ( was there demo car ) and they played me a 148 on music, and mine atleast sounds like its up there! lol

Bushwacker fender flares

if you meter usaci style dont go around bragging about the score without saying its a usaci score. there can easily be a 3db difference between outlaw and legal.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

oh no i'll put my score with stating Usaci style in my sig :P

Bushwacker fender flares

if you meter usaci style dont go around bragging about the score without saying its a usaci score. there can easily be a 3db difference between outlaw and legal.

I was just going ask, is there an average dB difference between the styles?

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

Local shop's owner is like this. Went talk to him today, said he is hitting 154.1 on the tl. When I asked what he metered, he said " oh, it's in the kick. Some call it outlaw".

:rofl:

:wub: N8.

No homo...unless you want there to be. :orly3::ehh:

I don´t think there´s an average, i can tell you this, my swift suck ass sealed up while my explorer is WAYYY louder sealed up vs having a door open or something:

Explorer: 151.9 db drag

151.4 sensor on the windshield and door open

152.3 usaci style

Swift: 149.0 db drag

149.4 door open with sensor on the windshield

149.8 usaci style

As you can see, i didn´t gain almost anything by placing the sensor on the kick in the swift while i did won a lot in the explorer, i´ve never tested that again since outlaw suck lol

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/