Sonic Electronix

Ok so ive built my box for 2 Audio que sdc2.5 15"s, but i keep wondering if going the extra mile and getting the hdc3 series 15" would be better, box is in trunk of saturn sl1 1999 (had to make my car fit my box) I was just wondering if anyone knew what kind of power they put to their sdc2.5's and their hdc3's. Id like to not have to upgrade my electrical system too much but i could do it. Any insight would be great thank you.

Edited by ghostismyname

I've seen people put a lot of power to the hdc3's, even some people putting double the rms rating. But I couldn't tell you on the 2.5s

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

Either way you should upgrade your electrical. So it's done and then you can run what ever power you want. IMO the hdc3s would be louder but if you already have the sdc2.5s then I would just stay with thoes untill they wear out or you get a realy good deal on a better sub/ the sub you want. Hope that gives you what you want.

Click Links To View Build Logs

1994 - Mazda B3000 (Daily/Toy/Show)

2002 - Mazda Protege (Daily)

1995 - Hyundai Accent (R.I.P.)

1984 - Bronco II (Restoration Project)

Youtube Channel

I've seen people put a lot of power to the hdc3's, even some people putting double the rms rating. But I couldn't tell you on the 2.5s

Thanks for the info i hope i can get a little more insight on the 2.5's . Ive got awhile before im going to purchase so im just trying to get some opinions. thanks for the input.

Either way you should upgrade your electrical. So it's done and then you can run what ever power you want. IMO the hdc3s would be louder but if you already have the sdc2.5s then I would just stay with thoes untill they wear out or you get a realy good deal on a better sub/ the sub you want. Hope that gives you what you want.

A question on the electrical, if i was to get something along the lines of a 2200 watt system would a good alt upgrade do the trick or would i need to get a extra bat too?

I think with a HO alt you would also want to ran an extra batt or two. But depending on your stock eletrical you might be able to do 2k without a HO alt, just an extra battery.

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

I would go H/O alt. first then batteries. The stock alt. was designed to charge the stock system, not more. So adding another battery would put extra ''stress'' on the stock alt. witch it was not meant for. That is just my opinion, I am no expert.

Click Links To View Build Logs

1994 - Mazda B3000 (Daily/Toy/Show)

2002 - Mazda Protege (Daily)

1995 - Hyundai Accent (R.I.P.)

1984 - Bronco II (Restoration Project)

Youtube Channel