Second Skin Audio

Alpha Damp - The Worlds Strongest CLD!

The selling point is that you will use less product to achieve better results. This will save you time, effort, and money. When you're looking at $140 retail to do an entire vehicle, doesn't that sound awesome?

Now only if I could get that $140 retail deal for my entire vehicle, gonna need 450+ sq ft, but, by the VERY OFF CHANCE that I could, then I'd place an order around the 4th lol

the quote broke on me

As it stands right now, Alpha Damp looks like it will be running around $7.00 a sq. ft. RETAIL.

hmmm, so more like $3,150 total, the van only cost me $1000 lol, If its REALLY worth it, I very well just might look into getting some after finishing up with the restorations

Edited by Grelko

Optimus XL-400w amp 2x 10s IMPP 400w 2x something or other in dash 2x 35w radioshack 8" full-range AcDelco factory radio "frankenstein'd from my dead buick" Dodge seats 1984 Chevy G30 full size 1-ton van "Rust Monster" Progress - around 15% primer/patching

Sold the van in 2014, had it about 75% done, never did get the system in it. Bought a 2000 Chevy S10, still using the same amp/subs. Headunit is XO Vision X538. It's 52x4w, has a dvd player, auto flip out 7" touch screen plus alot more and is a single din.

450 sq ft? if you need that much then your doing an insane system well over the price of that

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

the interior of my van is all metal, gotta start out somewhere, putting in a 2k+ rms system soon and working up to something sick "say 16x or more 12"s 1500rms each, over the next 5 yrs or so for spl comps, figured if the 400w makes it vibrate this bad, i might aswell get a decent bit of deadener in there to get one of the first big things out of the way

edit- bad thing is... the 450sq would be one layer

Edited by Grelko

Optimus XL-400w amp 2x 10s IMPP 400w 2x something or other in dash 2x 35w radioshack 8" full-range AcDelco factory radio "frankenstein'd from my dead buick" Dodge seats 1984 Chevy G30 full size 1-ton van "Rust Monster" Progress - around 15% primer/patching

Sold the van in 2014, had it about 75% done, never did get the system in it. Bought a 2000 Chevy S10, still using the same amp/subs. Headunit is XO Vision X538. It's 52x4w, has a dvd player, auto flip out 7" touch screen plus alot more and is a single din.

HOLY CRAP Grelko! What are you doing?!

slowly building frankenstein lol

quick math, interior space in feet is something close to 16x6x7

I think floor to ceiling is more around 5'4" instaed of 6' so round down a bit

each wall 96sq

ceiling/floor 112sq

backdoors 36-42sq

front doors 18sq? , metal bracing around the dash/windshield couple more sq sliding door taken into account as part of the passanger wall.

total near 420-450 all metal, vibrates horribly

take off about 30-40 sq for windows

unless my math is COMPLETELY broke from being tired

i could be off by 50-100 or something, but its a fullsize van, extended on the back couple feet.

Edited by Grelko

How long is the pre order going to be offered? Im going to need 2 of those packs to do the new minitruck. 20 sq will just barely do the floor and im hoping a second box will do the roof, doors and back wall. Any chance of getting a 2 for one deal? :D

Gonna order up a sheet of Heatwave too. Try and keep it as cool in the cab as possible.

Looks real good, got a question though, how does one pack of this do a whole car ?

Pioneer deh-80prs2 10" Tantric Sounds HD's Ported Box Tuned to 33hzSoundqubed 3500.1Hertz HSK 165Tantric Sounds 6.5" Coaxials80sq ft of MurdermatXs Power D3400 & D3100

Sky High Car Audio Cable Throughout

How long is the pre order going to be offered? Im going to need 2 of those packs to do the new minitruck. 20 sq will just barely do the floor and im hoping a second box will do the roof, doors and back wall. Any chance of getting a 2 for one deal? :D

Gonna order up a sheet of Heatwave too. Try and keep it as cool in the cab as possible.

run heatwave pro and motormat pro on the roof.... that plus a full coverage of the damp and u will be chillin

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

[quote name=^_^ Gem132' timestamp='1312114443' post='1630333]

Looks real good, got a question though, how does one pack of this do a whole car ?

depends on the definition of does a whole car. if 40sqft of alpha damp is as effective as 80sqft of damp pro and 80 sq ft "damnpens" the car then 40sqft thats installed properly will dampen the car.

but there's no exact amount of how much deadens a car because every car is different. and with the smaller amount you have to be smarter with the product... you have to apply it throughout the vehicle. if you over dampen the trunk and floor and have none left for the doors then yes your car wont be fully "dampened"