93 honda dx hatch, daily driver.

Hell ya man, check out my build!!! I got a 91' civic hatchback Dx too, red though and with no engine mods at all though.

ok sick. ill check it out in a few :drinks:

MY TRUCK BUILD - 1976 F-100 Ranger. Fully built 482 big block, 4 DC lvl4 15's in a blowthrough, plenty of custom fabrication.

MY HATCH BUILD - 1993 Honda Civic DX Hatchback . Clean daily driver, dropped, subtle customization.

teamxa2-1.jpg

ok got my NGK plugs, put them in and the car is all good to go. also I took my rear wiper off, I didnt like how it looked on. Ill see how it does in the rain without it.

plugs.jpg

nowiper.jpg

Thank god you got them autolite plugs out of that honda and put the recommended ngk plugs in it.. cant believe it didnt have a significant miss with those plugs.. looks good man

yea i noticed a slight miss with the autolights. I re-lashed the valves a little tighter, and threw the new plugs in and its all perfect.

MY TRUCK BUILD - 1976 F-100 Ranger. Fully built 482 big block, 4 DC lvl4 15's in a blowthrough, plenty of custom fabrication.

MY HATCH BUILD - 1993 Honda Civic DX Hatchback . Clean daily driver, dropped, subtle customization.

teamxa2-1.jpg

Oh ya only buy ngk blue wires for that car when you buy them.. they are about $50.. i had a 94 dx w all motor b18c1 gsr engine.. 200whp which means it hauls ass when the come w 96hp to the wheels roughly in a stock dx.. i think i did 13.2 on street tires.. and feels even faster on the streets.. lmk if you need any help.. also look into an h2b motor swap in these.. its a h22 prelude motor w a b series transmission.. you get a special adapter plate for it to work.. all stock would put you at mid to low 13's in the quarter mile..

ok cool, i was planning on sticking with the NGK wires as well. I was planing on doing a b18c vtech swap. im looking to do a decent power all engine build. i dont have the cash to get into the K series and, i want to keep it a little on the lighter side so i wasnt looking into the H series. the swap isnt going to be for a long time though so I definitely have time to learn and change my mind.

teamxa2-1.jpg

did a little more cleaning and painting today after work. also polished and repainted my rear wiper.

wiper2.jpg

looking pretty clean :)

clean3.jpg

teamxa2-1.jpg

went over to ace hardware yesterday and cleaned them out lol. picked up a bunch or 10mm allen bolts for the car. a majority of the stock ones weren't looking so good.

newbolts2.jpg

newbolts1.jpg

I should be on the road tomorrow with the car :)

teamxa2-1.jpg

dont waste your money on a type r swap, without the CAR its a waste of money over a gsr swap

ok thanks I am leaning to gsr. its going to be way down the road when I do the swap. Im going to work with the D to see what I can get out of it lol.

teamxa2-1.jpg

lol cool, i always find it comical when people talk about thier type r motor and trans...most dont even have the ecu lol.

GSR swaps are very common and easy with that car. looks like you have cleaned it up quite a bit, looking nice so far.

lol cool, i always find it comical when people talk about thier type r motor and trans...most dont even have the ecu lol.

GSR swaps are very common and easy with that car. looks like you have cleaned it up quite a bit, looking nice so far.

lol I agree, whats the point of the engine if you are still running around with stock tune and everything. and thank you, its getting there slowly but surely.

teamxa2-1.jpg

• 1 month later...

Ok its been a while since my last post, ive just been slowly picking away at the hatch getting it were i want it.

ok well my passenger side corner light lens cover cam off somehow so i picked up a new set of clear ones from ebay.

P__225F.jpg

painted the front bumper/grille

P__8B86.jpg

painted some little inside pieces.

P__EAC4.jpg

got a little creative with my gauge cluster lol

P__C8F5.jpg

had some pedal covers in storage so i threw them on.

P__AE94.jpg

shaved all of the writing off of my valve cover and did a wrinkle black coating with a red H

P__F568.jpg

cleaned up my dizzy

P__D32C.jpg

teamxa2-1.jpg

Archived