aq hdc3 18 and 1200d in yukon for now

alright guys its in and playing! now in my wiring kit i got about 3-4 ft extra of power wire more than i need i just wanted to hook up and go since it was dark but im thinking i may be losing current/power due to the power wire being longer than necessary. the sub seems to hit hard and get low but i really think its hungry for more power i played it pretty good for bout an hour and a half straight and neither sub nor amp got even remotely warm on an 80 degree day. i set gains with decafs 50 hz 0db test tone and backed off when i saw clipping on the knob. was this an accurate way to do it? just seems like i could get more out of this setup i mean its loud but i hear no distortion even if the clip light lights up.

• 1 month later...

alright guys back from the dead. been about a month now and ive deadened everything. broke a few things inside and had to fix them now im starting to think my port may be too small for this sub. ive designed a new box with the torres calc. its 8.41 cu ft tuned to 38 hz and 16.35 inches of port area per cube. heres how it should look. does this seem like it would be louder?

newsubbox-1.jpg

alright guys back from the dead. been about a month now and ive deadened everything. broke a few things inside and had to fix them now im starting to think my port may be too small for this sub. ive designed a new box with the torres calc. its 8.41 cu ft tuned to 38 hz and 16.35 inches of port area per cube. heres how it should look. does this seem like it would be louder?

newsubbox-1.jpg

that box is fine for the sub, 6.5-7 cubes net Max, even 7 cubes is a lil big IMO.

if you want louder, id throw more power at that sub, slap a AQ2200D on it :drinks:

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

the box i have now or the new design and plans are to throw a 2200 on there after i get my electrical proper:)

i would keep the box you have now, the new design is too big IMO.

that HDC3 will love the AQ2200D. espically since you have the new design with the new suspension it looks like.

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

problem with the old design is im at like 13 inches of port per cube.. i hear the aq like around 15-16. i could make a smaller version of the new box fairly easy i just see a lot of boxes with the port on bottom and in the middle rather than on drivers side like mine.

the box i have now or the new design and plans are to throw a 2200 on there after i get my electrical proper:)

i would keep the box you have now, the new design is too big IMO.

that HDC3 will love the AQ2200D. espically since you have the new design with the new suspension it looks like.

i did get the new basket i wasnt aware they changed anything else is this sub more power hungry? because honestly i feel as if its just laughing at the aq1200 i have played it for an hour solid just slammin it in 95 degree weather and it doesnt even get warm.

Even aq says that the hdcs can handle a 2200, and alums 2-3k. That was what i was told when I emailed them about power handling. A 1200 is fine, will get better as it loosens up, but a 2200 is needed to reach it's full potential I would imagine.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/