07 Accent [Builds Dead, Car Was Sold]

Ouch split wood! Remember to pre drill your holes and if it still splits you need to use a bigger drill bit. Nice work on the angled panel for you first box! I think you are going to need some support of the top though because there is a lot of stress on those joints holding up the top panel which will be holding the subs, amp rack and amps which is a lot of weight when you add it up.

Although the side panels will strengthen it up some what. Mmmm possibly see how it goes? If it starts flexing you could put a peice of MDF in the middle of the port. Won't have to be very long. Maybe 5 inches from the top down?

Lol yeah its all bad haha, but i'll learn as i go!

Thats what im thinking, worse comes to worse ill stick some wood under there. I hope it holds tho. I think it will haha

Yeah its short, something like that

But thanks for your comment :drink40: Makes me wanna do more

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

I would say the sides will probably hold it up on second thought. May be possible to get some port flex though. Easy fix though!

I'm building a new box my for Hyundai soon.

Yeah that's what I'm really hoping for! And i heard that my car does really well subs up port back... So I might get a new design and try that out a lil later. You have a build log?

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

Hey trey love what you're doing with the accent but if I may give you a bit of advice with your box building. If you are going to stick with the design you're doing then reverse the idea and mount the subs under the box. Use braces to raise the box so the amps have room to breather and mount them on the floor. An idea I was considering for my girls car was mounting the amps in the spare tire compartment with a custom amp rack but I am not sure about breathing issues. Just a suggestion I have other ideas if you wanna hear them I have been fighting myself to figure this out with such little space to work with so I have quite a few ideas in my head for the accent.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Yeah I thought about doing that but I was scared of suffocating them. Kinda wanted to get some fans if I went that route. Idk yet tho lol. I have thought about some ideas too. I thought about glassing them in the corner behind the head rest of the back seats

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

ndjs.jpg

Dont know if this has been mentioned yet but i skimmed through and saw that you wanted to mount your amps to wood that is mounted to the box....Isuggest trying to find another place for them, maybe on back of seats. if that the only place then thats the only place. just that with them being up there on the box they will be subjust to a lot of direct vibration which over time can actually damage the amps. But if thats only place for them then so be it. Be sure to secure them bad boys down nice and snug, dont want an amp fliying into back of backseat riders heads. lol. Looking good thou. Like how your first box turned out.

Yeah I thought about doing that but I was scared of suffocating them. Kinda wanted to get some fans if I went that route. Idk yet tho lol. I have thought about some ideas too. I thought about glassing them in the corner behind the head rest of the back seats

In a hatchback you should be straight air should be moving through it pretty well just leave a good 5 in gap between the bottom of the box and the top of the amp. As far as fans go you can grab a couple 12v fans from ebay and wire them up you can run a wire from the remote turn on at the amp to the fans to have them power on with the amps and keep them cool but it shouldn't be necessary in a hatchback.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

Build Log

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Another idea I was tossing around was mounting the amps to the hatch door and running the wires back through to the back of the car but she told if I cut up her car she would cut me. So I restrained myself <_<

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

Build Log

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Dont know if this has been mentioned yet but i skimmed through and saw that you wanted to mount your amps to wood that is mounted to the box....Isuggest trying to find another place for them, maybe on back of seats. if that the only place then thats the only place. just that with them being up there on the box they will be subjust to a lot of direct vibration which over time can actually damage the amps. But if thats only place for them then so be it. Be sure to secure them bad boys down nice and snug, dont want an amp fliying into back of backseat riders heads. lol. Looking good thou. Like how your first box turned out.

Yeah I've thought about and I was planning on using little rubber mounts to help cushion the vibration... I might have enough space to mount the amps to the back seat. I'll see what's good when I finish my box lol thanks

If I go with my original plan the amp will barely be poking out the back seat haha

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

ndjs.jpg

Another idea I was tossing around was mounting the amps to the hatch door and running the wires back through to the back of the car but she told if I cut up her car she would cut me. So I restrained myself <_<

LOL!!! Yeah I thought about that and I said oh the resale might drop haha. Not that I plan on selling it anytime soon since I owe more than its worth haha. But yeah I'll see what I got to work with once I finish the box!

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

ndjs.jpg

Archived