dumb question about wiring 2 subs

Just being real here.

You got alot to learn before you need to put 4000 watts in your car.

No need to learn the hard way man. Far to much info on this site, just gotta go read it.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Jacob from Sundown is selling B-Stock SA15s right now for 170 plus shipping iirc. 4 of those would love an AQ3500 or another similar amp. And they would out perform the quantum subs by a whole lot.

is that the 1 in car audio classifieds? might have to get in touch with him in sometime soon

still working on xtra supports for the weight of the subs so i really gotta see exactly how much room ill have first thing.

the setup is going to look badass imo, going to have the sub boxes on hinges on the back walls with bed supporting it underneath, kind of hard to explain without actual pics, but theyll swing out and lock together to make 1 big wall.

Optimus XL-400w amp 2x 10s IMPP 400w 2x something or other in dash 2x 35w radioshack 8" full-range AcDelco factory radio "frankenstein'd from my dead buick" Dodge seats 1984 Chevy G30 full size 1-ton van "Rust Monster" Progress - around 15% primer/patching

Sold the van in 2014, had it about 75% done, never did get the system in it. Bought a 2000 Chevy S10, still using the same amp/subs. Headunit is XO Vision X538. It's 52x4w, has a dvd player, auto flip out 7" touch screen plus alot more and is a single din.

Just being real here.

You got alot to learn before you need to put 4000 watts in your car.

No need to learn the hard way man. Far to much info on this site, just gotta go read it.

thats what im doing :) just buying subs/amps now and reading up on all that i can for couple months till i can get the mid/highs. wont even be putting in the electrical upgrades or big 3 till everythings bought, then to break in the subs and fun should start around october or later i hope lol

by the time next summer rolls around i should have 4 GOOD subs or more and another amp+ upgrades for everything

Edited by Grelko

Optimus XL-400w amp 2x 10s IMPP 400w 2x something or other in dash 2x 35w radioshack 8" full-range AcDelco factory radio "frankenstein'd from my dead buick" Dodge seats 1984 Chevy G30 full size 1-ton van "Rust Monster" Progress - around 15% primer/patching

Sold the van in 2014, had it about 75% done, never did get the system in it. Bought a 2000 Chevy S10, still using the same amp/subs. Headunit is XO Vision X538. It's 52x4w, has a dvd player, auto flip out 7" touch screen plus alot more and is a single din.

if i were you i would get 2 or 4 sa 15's and some dc audio power 2500 or 3500 with a mechman alt and lots of knuconcepts wire and lots of XS batts and wire to 1 ohm load

i gotta read up on how to install a h/o alternator, was hoping to get away with a 140 amp+ 3-4 glass mats since theres not much room under the hood, unless the alt is about the same size, then all id need is to figure how to hook it up. if its not too hard to replace id definately go with atleast 250amp+

84 chevy G30 1-ton 350 4BL v8 5.7

was wondering what type of wire, knew itd be around 1/0 theres a welding shop bout a block from here, IF they can get anything good, also got a couple car audio shops near by "whos doing the wiring", if not then ill buy online, gonna get MDF board or birch plywood from lowes or home depot and make boxes once i get the actual space im gonna have figured

Edited by Grelko

im not trying to be a dick here but is this the gear you want to get close to 155db with?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

im not trying to be a dick here but is this the gear you want to get close to 155db with?

naa, just wanting something alot louder than the system i have in the van right now, but atleast a good amp so that i can get into SPL eventually

the system in there now is an optimus xl 400w from way back which is prolly more like 85w.

used to have a 1.5k something in my old buick, been so long i forgot the name

(edit).......

tore the walls back out again because instead of using normal pressed wood for the interior ive decided to make the walls out of "real" birch plywood not that top layer stuff or MDF, basically making the entire inside of the van 1 massive sub box for better acoustics, but as i was taking up the old floor i noticed a good sized hole by the 1 back wheelwell. ive had the crap plywood floor in there about 6 years

so much for my budget.... going to put almost everything on hold till i get that and a couple other smaller holes patched up. dont wanna chance building it all, setting up, hitting the bass switch, going down the road and hitting a pothole just to have the system fall out the bottom of the van.

new project, rebuilding the actual interior of the van first, new system will come later this year or next spring i guess :/

atleast thatll give me some time to read alot more on here about wiring, diff systems etc till i get more cash saved up

Edited by Grelko

i figure atleast one of you folks would know the answer to this/

i have my amp wired to a power switch in the dashboard, when i have my radio off but have the amp turned on and rev the engine, it makes a buzzing sound through my speakers almost the same pitch as the engine? sound goes higher or lower depending on the rpms im at. I figure its a bad ground wire? switch going bad? also, when the radio is on or off and i turn the switch on, i get a pop sound from my subs even if the bass is turned all the way down. the old system has been in there about 6 years. if id let the feedback buzzing go on for about 10 seconds it gets DAMN loud.

the electrical isnt that great, but it used to never do that until a couple months ago.

i was reading about electrical in forums and thought to ask this .

anyways, im in the process of rebuilding the entire insides of the van so ill have an actual shop wire it up instead of doing it myself this time definately.

(edit) the feedback is definately a ground problem, just found someone with similar prob on another page

thats probably whats causing the pop sound from the subs when i turn the amp on/off also

Edited by Grelko

since people keep telling me not to start a new topic lol

finally found a H/O alternator that will fit my van :D

1984 chevy G30 V8 5.7L Carb

POWERMASTER SPL COMPETITION XS VOLT ALTERNATOR, NEW -- 300 amps output; Features digital control that gives response in milliseconds compared to analog regulators, adjustable voltage between 13.5 and 18.5 volts and great for 12 V or 16 V systems, powerful reliable internal regulating system that gives short circuit protection and loss of ground protection in a sealed vibration resistant housing, and one wire operation that is easy to connect and turns on and off with the engine; Offers the highest stability available for modern electrical systems; For competition only; With 1-year Powermaster limited warranty.

under $600

only one question.... can i use it for daily since I wont be competing for a couple years???

if not possible, then ill definately get in touch with mechman to see if I can get a custom fit.

heres the link just incase any diehard electrical guys wanna read about it

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/details/QQChevroletQQG30QQPowermasterQQAlternatorQQ19811986QQP66478068SPL.html

EVERYTHING but 1 item in the van atm is STOOOOOOOOOCCKKKKKKK im talking 63 amp alternator, no interior lights "tore those out" AcDelco factory casette radio from my old buick, no AC...good old heater coil ftw? atleast those triangle windows do their job lol. Now lemme just plug this Cd player into my lighter and we can get this party started.

the ONLY good part in the entire van is the ProForm Air Cleaner Kit, Black Crinkle, 14"

looks like an oasis in the middle of a grease and dirt desert under the hood...for now

will be upgrading tons of electrical soon+ big 3, putting in lights, lot more goodies under the hood etc.

Edited by Grelko

you werent kidding when you said dumb question lol.

TEAM DC

Everything is a 150 on th earometer

Well I guess punching a woman is a good way to test your strength! You never know how strong you are until you cold-cock a woman in the head and break that bitches jaw.

Next time she tries to punch you in the stomach, whip your wiener out and chase her around. Show her who's boss.