Second Skin Audio

interesting thread..im waiting to try second skin before i decide pour money into it (plus need subs before i build wall lol) only used soundstreams that ment be same as dynamat tho

dam shipping i fucking hate you more then peel and seel

AUSTRALIA do i need say more?

HU: some crap pionee

AMP: dc 9k @ 18v

SUB: 4 elevation audio sqx 12"

Battery: 2 neuton power 8200d

burp setup for fun 152's

soon to come: rebuilt soundstream xxx (2 18" OR 3 15" wall) Bunch speakers, more batts and new HU

i just got the package sample from jon

man just lookin at this stuff u know it got high quality material

i know how the Damplifier works but the Luxury Liner Pro not really

http://i55.tinypic.com/vhf57k.jpg

this stuff is really thick is it this way or the other way ?

http://i55.tinypic.com/20fqq8g.jpg

http://i55.tinypic.com/317i4r4.jpg

alot of products of 2nd skin hell idk which one to go for .... right now im thinkin just the damplifier for my lil race car but for my other ride im thinkin of goin all

damplifier + over kill + Luxury Liner Pro or Spectrum thats for my crown victoria :)

Edited by ajsmoke

The hell Ricky! You sure you installed that correctly? ;)

In all seriousness that sucks donkey ears. FatMat should seriously be banned from being installed in vehicles.

Awesome Aj! Glad they finally arrived... was almost worried that USPS lost the samples LOL.

LLP goes over the Damplifier. It will actually block sound vs. Damplifier which controls panel resonance/vibrations.

Whenever you install LLP, you install it with the vinyl facing towards you.

Here is an example of how it should be installed.

My personal favorite is to go with Damp or Damp Pro on most surfaces (25% coverage), some OverKill on door panels and behind trim to prevent squeaks, and some LLP on the floor and over the wheel wells. LOVE the results!

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

interesting thread..im waiting to try second skin before i decide pour money into it (plus need subs before i build wall lol) only used soundstreams that ment be same as dynamat tho

dam shipping i fucking hate you more then peel and seel

I know... shipping anywhere is slow these days. They say 6-8 days and its more like weeks... ugh.

usa_render4.png

The hell Ricky! You sure you installed that correctly? ;)

In all seriousness that sucks donkey ears. FatMat should seriously be banned from being installed in vehicles.

hah yeaa i did, but with the 100+ degree heat everyday here in houston texas, the fatmat doesnt stand a chance

i have been avoiding this truck for a while now cause im dreading getting the fat mat out lol

any tips to make it easier?

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

hah yeaa i did, but with the 100+ degree heat everyday here in houston texas, the fatmat doesnt stand a chance

i have been avoiding this truck for a while now cause im dreading getting the fat mat out lol

any tips to make it easier?

I hear that. FatMat doesn't last too long here in Idaho either.

Any tips for removing it? A time machine with a nice discussion with your old self? :D

FatMat themselves recommends using lighter fluid... it dissolves the adhesive but makes a hell of a mess that you then have to clean up with some Goo Gone or acetone.

Best bet is to hit it with some more heat from a heat gun and just peel it off. Then clean up the residue that is left.

usa_render4.png

Fat mat sucks I've found that out the hard way. Either use Dyna mat or Stinger I havent had trouble from either

Build: 1999 Ford Expedition

Custom Grill

Angel Eyes Head Lights

Carbon Fiber Tail Lights

Cold Air Intake

Carbon Fiber Dash Trim

JVC Arsenal KW-ADV793

Hifonics 2400 Brutus

2 12" Kicker Solo L7's

2 15" Kicker Solo L7's

Rockford 0/1 Gauge with 300A fuse

http://www.facebook.com/Kamden.da.don

Fat mat sucks I've found that out the hard way. Either use Dyna mat or Stinger I havent had trouble from either

Or second skin? Lol come on bro your in the second skin section

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

Never heard of it or used it lol

Build: 1999 Ford Expedition

Custom Grill

Angel Eyes Head Lights

Carbon Fiber Tail Lights

Cold Air Intake

Carbon Fiber Dash Trim

JVC Arsenal KW-ADV793

Hifonics 2400 Brutus

2 12" Kicker Solo L7's

2 15" Kicker Solo L7's

Rockford 0/1 Gauge with 300A fuse

http://www.facebook.com/Kamden.da.don

I can say I've personally used Dmat xtreme and stinger road kill, both great products, Dmat is over priced if you buy it from dealers, but going to sonic or other online stores not so bad, the stinger deadner I like more since there's no black lettering and looks cleaner. The stinger seems slightly easier to work with, I used cheap scissors to cut both, no issues really. Both are great products. I do plan on buying SS when I do the roof and second layers on the doors, after seeing numerous side by side comparisons and seeing it in person in some locals cars.

from what I've seen in person, fat mat seems like peel n seal with a bigger price tag. FUCKING JUNK :) the shit falls off deck lids and roofs. leaves nasty stains, stinks and well fuck it lol. Down here on the gulfcoast it gets fucking hot and humid. I haven't seen audio technix in person so I can't comment. But the Dmat, stinger, and SS hold up well. I've had Dmat in my car for 4yrs, no issues.

hope I get money coming in soon so I can order 50ft of damp pro :)