dynamat x is expensive and much better then fatmat cuz of the thickness but

fatmat is cheaper and i can apply 2 layers

so u guys tell me

im ordering off amazon :)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why not do it right and get second skin since you wanted to post this in their section now yes i used fatmat it worked for me but i also have a small car, but im still getting second skin for other applications like hood liner and will be doing another layer on floor and a roof layer at some point and time,

If you had to choose between THOSE two, Dynamat. Not because of it';s thickness or any of that, but because it's a high quality product with a good butyl adhesive.

Whereas FatMat has a thin foil and an asphalt/rubber mix as it's adhesive.

In all honesty, I would take a better look at ALL of the choices out there... HINT HINT check sig HINT HINT. :P

Fatmat rapes yer women and burns yer kids :peepwall:

Good thing I keep it locked up outside in the shop... :D

In all serious though, it's out there because of the damn smell.

Edited by Second Skin Rep Jon

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

oh man sorry ididnt know 2nd skin was a sound deadening company but hey if they have there stuff on amazon i'd check it out

sorry i didnt know i thought this was the only sound deadening section here my bad

and there is alot of sound deadeners out there and idk where to start so yea amazon is where i get most of my stuff

Dynamat is far overpriced, and lets not get started on fatmat as it cant compare as a real butyl based CLD. Dynamat extreme in comparison to say SS Damp pro costs more and you get less. SS damp pro is thicker therefore getting better results at a cheaper price. Fatmat is the opposite: Cheap price with worse results. IMO, do your deadener the RIGHT way first. Why skimp? Hell the new alpha damp pro could technically, if going by only covering 15% of panels (which many people consider that enough and anything more is a waste, iirc), deaden a whole car. Not bad for the $140 price tag.

To recap class:

Fatmat: Shit in comparison to real butyl based CLD products.

Dynamat: Overpriced hype that people only know of because bestbuy and all local shops sell their terribly overpriced products. The kicker of deadening if you will.

SS Damp/Damp Pro/Alpha Damp: Best product hands down in this comparison. May not be the best price in comparison to fatmat, but will give better results at a better price.

Ninja'd by Jon. Damnit hes too fast. :ninja:

Edited by tonedeaf

How the fuck are you gonna post in SECOND SKINS forum asking about which competitors product is better? Use Second Skin lol!

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

oh man sorry ididnt know 2nd skin was a sound deadening company but hey if they have there stuff on amazon i'd check it out

sorry i didnt know i thought this was the only sound deadening section here my bad

and there is alot of sound deadeners out there and idk where to start so yea amazon is where i get most of my stuff

Hey I don't blame ya, I order all sorts of crap off Amazon.

If you HAVE to buy off of Amazon, buy the highest quality product you can.

I know there are a few other products on Amazon that are made in the US, cheaper than Dynamat, and perform spectacularly.

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png