Second Skin Audio

Hertz HX300

Guess this is more for Ray and James but anyone who has actually used it or heard it feel free to chime in.

Possibly looking into two Hertz HX300s in the next few months but am not positive yet. I heard a pair at the local shop on the hertz display wall and they did sound really good. But I was wondering how they do in real life use. Said he had a couple customers he could get to come by sometime so I could get a listen. So I will do that soon but you guys have more knowledge with it compared to other subs like DD and AA and I know DD and AA can be had for a quite bit cheaper for a sub of similar power handling but I know that doesn't mean it will sound as good. If I would go with them it would be 2 12s probably in a sealed box sealed forward from the trunk. Currently I have Hertz 163.4 comps. Going to swap mids for the XLs and going to try and get my hands on a 4.5k and run active and I'm not necessarily looking for SPL out of this. My car just doesn't want to get loud because it is sitting right around a 140 even after a major rebuild and doubling power. so now I'm looking to just have something I love listening to driving 4-6 hours a day for work. Eventually i would look into a audison amp to power the subs but it would more then likely be something more affordable for now maybe a T1000-bdcp unless I found a good deal on something else.

Again the dealer is really good and knows a lot but I'm wanting to know your comparisons to DD and AA.

Thanks. Sorry for such a long post. Lol

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

Hit up james. He has 2 hx250's single 4's

Hes selling pretty cheap. Prob an hour of play on them.

450 + ship for the pair

I think your gonna shat your pants when you switch.

I love them in ported.

I brought up doing the 10's because you can run them ported in a small box 3after tuned to 32 with 14sqin per cu

Does a 142 in james's 4door on 1100 watts amp was a lrx 3.1k

Tiny box and they sound great.

Something to consider. Imo

As far as comparing them to dd or dc or aa. Well. Its not a unicorn magical flying spaceship turd.

Still a speaker. They take abuse just not as much as a dd or dc will.

I love them.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Guest grim83

Hit up james. He has 2 hx250's single 4's

Hes selling pretty cheap. Prob an hour of play on them.

450 + ship for the pair

I think your gonna shat your pants when you switch.

I love them in ported.

I brought up doing the 10's because you can run them ported in a small box 3after tuned to 32 with 14sqin per cu

Does a 142 in james's 4door on 1100 watts amp was a lrx 3.1k

Tiny box and they sound great.

Something to consider. Imo

As far as comparing them to dd or dc or aa. Well. Its not a unicorn magical flying spaceship turd.

Still a speaker. They take abuse just not as much as a dd or dc will.

I love them.

tryin to say aa wont take abuse fugger =@

I think every person on this site knows i beat my maybems like red headed step children.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz