i have a question about how tire/grip size would affect 4x4 transmission on a fourwheeler

ok my fourwheeler is a 2000 honda rancher and i have 5160miles on it. it also always stays in 4 wheel drive.

my back tires are itp mud lite at's 25x9x11 and my front tires are mudlite at's 25x8x12. right now they have a 3\4 grip on them. my front tires are bald because my front end was misaligned.

so my question is if i get 25x8x12 mudlite xl's for the front will it mess with the transmission since they have bigger 1.3 inch grips on them.

EDIT: yes i do know the basics about running two different sized tires on a 4x4 how it'll lock up the transfer case.

( sorry if this is not wanted in this forum but i posted in tires and wheels about 7:02pm and it has 0 views)

Edited by bass_stalker

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

You should be fine. If you think about it when your tires wear on a 4x4 atv they usually don't wear evenly.

As long as you dont have like 27's on the front and 25's on the rear you should be good to go.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

You should be fine. If you think about it when your tires wear on a 4x4 atv they usually don't wear evenly.

As long as you dont have like 27's on the front and 25's on the rear you should be good to go.

true. i just wanted to be sure. i mean i could always have gone with the same 3/4 grip in the front. but the front tires wear down so fast compared to the back that i wanted to put the bigger grips so they might wear out about the same time front and rear this time. and yes they will both be 25's. it just sucks they dont make the xl's to fit my back rims

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

true. i just wanted to be sure. i mean i could always have gone with the same 3/4 grip in the front. but the front tires wear down so fast compared to the back that i wanted to put the bigger grips so they might wear out about the same time front and rear this time. and yes they will both be 25's. it just sucks they dont make the xl's to fit my back rims

Do they make it in a wider rear size? Could go wide and puff them out around the rim, looks pretty cool.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Do they make it in a wider rear size? Could go wide and puff them out around the rim, looks pretty cool.

what do you mean by that? and i dont think they make a 25 inch tires for an 11 inch rim. thats whats stupid i have 12 inch rims in the front but only 11 inch rims in the back

Edited by bass_stalker

eh nope it will not mess with transmission, but if you went with heavy wheels then that would kill everything, all suspension parts, drive shafts, gear box, but tyres will not affect it.

also why are you not concerned about your suspension????????????????????

6F12AARZFX.jpg

what do you mean by that? and i dont think they make a 25 inch tires for an 11 inch rim. thats whats stupid i have 12 inch rims in the front but only 11 inch rims in the back

Ohh I figured they made a 25x10 for an 11" rim. My foreman's not here or id go check the rim size/take pics, but I have ITP 589's on the rear which are too wide for the rims so they protect the rims and look good while doing so.

Only thing you may eat up quicker with these tires are the front bearings. The 26's on my foreman rape bearings every year or two but thats the only issue i've had in 3-4 years of having oversized tires

I had the same issue with my rancher when I had it. Stupid design on rim size if you ask me.

Edited by BassJunkie

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

eh nope it will not mess with transmission, but if you went with heavy wheels then that would kill everything, all suspension parts, drive shafts, gear box, but tyres will not affect it.

stock rims and its only one size bigger than stock shouldnt be much change. ive been running the 25's for a few years now

stock rims and its only one size bigger than stock shouldnt be much change. ive been running the 25's for a few years now

trust me when I say this, I have seen it plenty of times, when you say 25's, you rim size yes???? also on main roads or motor ways, your car will always pull to the left as the road is cambered that way.

6F12AARZFX.jpg