Second Skin Audio

Box design problems

Was going to start on my box soon but found a slight problem when I did a mock-up box. I'm doing a single 15" in a slot port box. Sub front port front, only problem is my trunk has a stupid design where the edges kind of round off where the trunk meets the cabin which will put about the top 3-4 inches of my port behind part of the trunk and only like a 2-3 inch gap from the box. Due to lack of experience idk how big of a problem that is but common sense says it will fuck the airflow up pretty bad. Could I do sub forward port side or does that reduce output horribly? Kind of stuck here and don't know what to do!

Due to testing with my shitty prefab system that I currently have, facing the subs towards the cabin is the best choice by far which is why I'm really wanting to keep my 15" facing the cabin.

Can you turn the box upside down so you have sub front port front with the port on the bottom?

DCSig.jpg

secondskin_468x60.gif

xs.jpg

Viper 5902, big 3, 1/0 Rockford wiring, 2 xs d3100, mechman 300a, pioneer avic-z1, 2 dc 12xls, Rockford t2500.1bdcp, Rockford t1000.4ad, Rockford t2 6.5 comps, damplifier

Build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/102584-carbon-fusion/

Was going to start on my box soon but found a slight problem when I did a mock-up box. I'm doing a single 15" in a slot port box. Sub front port front, only problem is my trunk has a stupid design where the edges kind of round off where the trunk meets the cabin which will put about the top 3-4 inches of my port behind part of the trunk and only like a 2-3 inch gap from the box. Due to lack of experience idk how big of a problem that is but common sense says it will fuck the airflow up pretty bad. Could I do sub forward port side or does that reduce output horribly? Kind of stuck here and don't know what to do!

Due to testing with my shitty prefab system that I currently have, facing the subs towards the cabin is the best choice by far which is why I'm really wanting to keep my 15" facing the cabin.

Since you are still in the planning/design phase you could switch to round port and place the port where you want it.

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db

Archived