Second Skin Audio

6.5inch woofer + PVC Pipe + Duct Tape =

this is the 6.5inch Polycone response woofer, VS the Kevlar cone.

this particular polycone has been abused badly!

clearly the kevlar, which I thought was a better woofer is inferior.

it has a 25mm, kapton voice coil former, VS the polycones 35mm aluminium.

the kevlar cone was burped once, and became very scratchy, the voice coil has gotten hot and bubbled the glue holding the coil in place.

while the poly cone has been abused badly, bass raced playing "I love big speakers" ran fairly badly clipped in my most recent video clip playing suspicious stench - mega.

this coil was also scratchy, the reason being I was using the woofer as a bowl for throwing screws, tools, AA batteries, etc into, as I thought the woofer was almost dead.... clearly, it had plenty of life left in it!

fail1v.jpg

fail2r.jpg

nice lol

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

the problem with the black, polycone woofers, is that they're 8ohm...

so currently running two channels of a 4x100watt amp bridged, for about 200watts, but clearly its not enough.

the biggest amp I have is the DD Z1... rated to give 750watts at 4ohm... 325 at 8ohm? <_< but supposedly measured to give 2200watts at 4ohm... 1100 at 8ohm? I kinda doubt that....

and another video...

Archived