Sonic Electronix

Factory radio, CD Player plugs into casette, if i turn the radio up more than 3/4 of the way the bass disappears, i turn the front/back settings knob a little so that more of the music is playing out of the front speakers or turn the treble down a bit then the bass comes back?

I'll be getting a radio when I put in the new system, I've just always wondered why this happened

Optimus XL-400w amp 2x 10s IMPP 400w 2x something or other in dash 2x 35w radioshack 8" full-range AcDelco factory radio "frankenstein'd from my dead buick" Dodge seats 1984 Chevy G30 full size 1-ton van "Rust Monster" Progress - around 15% primer/patching

Sold the van in 2014, had it about 75% done, never did get the system in it. Bought a 2000 Chevy S10, still using the same amp/subs. Headunit is XO Vision X538. It's 52x4w, has a dvd player, auto flip out 7" touch screen plus alot more and is a single din.

Factory head units usually cut the bass as the volume goes up. It's just to protect the factory speakers.

thanks for the quick reply, i thought it might have been something like that since only the subwoofers lost the bass but the component speakers under the dashboard didn't

i was going to be looking into a getting a headunit next couple month, but before that does anyone know how to re-wire an 87 AcDelco factory radio lol?

Optimus XL-400w amp 2x 10s IMPP 400w 2x something or other in dash 2x 35w radioshack 8" full-range AcDelco factory radio "frankenstein'd from my dead buick" Dodge seats 1984 Chevy G30 full size 1-ton van "Rust Monster" Progress - around 15% primer/patching

Sold the van in 2014, had it about 75% done, never did get the system in it. Bought a 2000 Chevy S10, still using the same amp/subs. Headunit is XO Vision X538. It's 52x4w, has a dvd player, auto flip out 7" touch screen plus alot more and is a single din.

Archived