HazeGrey75 Posted July 26, 2011 Report Posted July 26, 2011 Ive beat the piss out of mine. Ive ran the pair on 1200 all the way to the 2000 I'm running now. They take it like champs. If they would drop a bit lower they would be a perfect SQL woofer. But they dont so they are getting replaced by Level 4s
jmilch Posted July 26, 2011 Report Posted July 26, 2011 i saw custom recones for types r's on ebay for $55 I saw those as well but i only need the cone because i can just use CA glue to reglue the new cone to the spider Just buy the entire cone believe me. You will be wasting your money trying to glue the old stuff to the new cone. For $55 that aint bad at all. Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |
brennan88 Posted July 26, 2011 Report Posted July 26, 2011 i saw custom recones for types r's on ebay for $55 I saw those as well but i only need the cone because i can just use CA glue to reglue the new cone to the spider Most people would just recone everything if they had to replace something. Maybe look for a blown type r that had good cone and just part it. That's what I'd do if you don't want to do a full recone. '04 Walled Monte Carlo daily driver2 DD 9518i SC D.7 DD M4a 2 sets RF T165-2s (soon to be 3) RF T400.4 Mechman 320 XS D3100, D3400 https://www.youtube.com/user/OffensiveProduction1
Dstack42 Posted July 26, 2011 Author Report Posted July 26, 2011 Ive beat the piss out of mine. Ive ran the pair on 1200 all the way to the 2000 I'm running now. They take it like champs. If they would drop a bit lower they would be a perfect SQL woofer. But they dont so they are getting replaced by Level 4s I only had a Alpine mrp-m1000 on mine when it tore.when i first received the sub the cone felt a little dry but i didnt pay it any mind.i previously had an alpine type r 12 previously before that and it worked fine on my kicker zx750.1
Dstack42 Posted July 26, 2011 Author Report Posted July 26, 2011 i saw custom recones for types r's on ebay for $55 I saw those as well but i only need the cone because i can just use CA glue to reglue the new cone to the spider Most people would just recone everything if they had to replace something. Maybe look for a blown type r that had good cone and just part it. That's what I'd do if you don't want to do a full recone. I tried doing that in my area but no one had one.i also couldnt post on here looking for one since i havent reached 150 post
Forevrbumpn Posted July 26, 2011 Report Posted July 26, 2011 do you know what version of Type R this is? Is this the newer style with the larger coil - 2.5" or the old style. Also, I didnt see if this was for a 10,12 or 15" I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.
brennan88 Posted July 26, 2011 Report Posted July 26, 2011 Hmm, well myself and I think most others here would recommend a full recone, like the one on ebay. I'm not really seeing another way to find just the cone. You could always buy that kit, a cone alone wouldn't be much cheaper anyways, and just use the cone and keep the rest as spare. '04 Walled Monte Carlo daily driver2 DD 9518i SC D.7 DD M4a 2 sets RF T165-2s (soon to be 3) RF T400.4 Mechman 320 XS D3100, D3400 https://www.youtube.com/user/OffensiveProduction1
Dstack42 Posted July 26, 2011 Author Report Posted July 26, 2011 Thanks everyone for the input i just found a repair website that will send me an aftermarket cone,dustcap, and the adhesives and accelerator for 30 bucks
Dstack42 Posted July 26, 2011 Author Report Posted July 26, 2011 Hmm, well myself and I think most others here would recommend a full recone, like the one on ebay. I'm not really seeing another way to find just the cone. You could always buy that kit, a cone alone wouldn't be much cheaper anyways, and just use the cone and keep the rest as spare. This is just going to be a backup sub because i have a rockford t2 im going to be running as my daily subwoofer.
jmilch Posted July 26, 2011 Report Posted July 26, 2011 Thanks everyone for the input i just found a repair website that will send me an aftermarket cone,dustcap, and the adhesives and accelerator for 30 bucks For reference can you share the site name please? Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.