Dstack42 Posted July 26, 2011 Report Posted July 26, 2011 I currently have an alpine type r 12 subwoofer that needs a new cone.About 3 months ago i bought the sub second hand and installed it. after a day of playing it the cone tore in half from the spider.so i tore the whole cone off and now need a new one. The coils are still good. Does anyone know where i can just get a cone from?
6berry Posted July 26, 2011 Report Posted July 26, 2011 you probably have to do a whole recone. i dont think you can do a recone with just the cone 1999 Audi A4 1.8T::: 4 - DC Level 3 10's in a 4th order Rockford P6002 on Subs for now (3-3.5k coming eventually) MB Quart ONX4.60 for Mids and Highs Boston S50 Components in Front Boston S65 Coaxials in Rear 40 Sq Ft of Second Skin Damplifier Build Thread UBL 1948 Plymouth
brennan88 Posted July 26, 2011 Report Posted July 26, 2011 Go to fix my speaker.com and get a while new recone. They'll make it better than the stock parts. You can send out to them to recone it or refine it yourself which isn't hard. I never was a fan of alpine soft parts, I know too many people that had them fail giving clean rms. '04 Walled Monte Carlo daily driver2 DD 9518i SC D.7 DD M4a 2 sets RF T165-2s (soon to be 3) RF T400.4 Mechman 320 XS D3100, D3400 https://www.youtube.com/user/OffensiveProduction1
Dstack42 Posted July 26, 2011 Author Report Posted July 26, 2011 Go to fix my speaker.com and get a while new recone. They'll make it better than the stock parts. You can send out to them to recone it or refine it yourself which isn't hard. I never was a fan of alpine soft parts, I know too many people that had them fail giving clean rms. i talked to them already and they said they don't have them.
BJD3 Posted July 26, 2011 Report Posted July 26, 2011 Go to fix my speaker.com and get a while new recone. They'll make it better than the stock parts. You can send out to them to recone it or refine it yourself which isn't hard. I never was a fan of alpine soft parts, I know too many people that had them fail giving clean rms. I've heard of more people over-powering the snot out of them without issue than I have of people powering them "properly" and having issues. Anti Peel and Seal...lol You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive. 2002 Buick Park Avenue DC Level 4 M2 12 D2 Car Audio Bargain 1600.1 Eclipse CD3200 ~2 cubes @ 34 hz. Stinger Roadkill Expert
brennan88 Posted July 26, 2011 Report Posted July 26, 2011 One of my friends works at an abc warehouse, and they get so many of the type rs brought back, mainly things like surround tears, spider separates. Bad batch maybe, but they don't sell them hardly anymore, mainly rf p3 now. I've used them, both the new models and older ones. The new models are very nice, especially since I can get them for only 100 with extended warranty, those are so common around here and besides 3 15s in a jeep on about 3k, I heard, I was never impressed by them. And they should be able to recone type rs. I've had one reconed by them before. They can make a recone for anything given the o parts they have. That's weird. '04 Walled Monte Carlo daily driver2 DD 9518i SC D.7 DD M4a 2 sets RF T165-2s (soon to be 3) RF T400.4 Mechman 320 XS D3100, D3400 https://www.youtube.com/user/OffensiveProduction1
6berry Posted July 26, 2011 Report Posted July 26, 2011 i saw custom recones for types r's on ebay for $55 1999 Audi A4 1.8T::: 4 - DC Level 3 10's in a 4th order Rockford P6002 on Subs for now (3-3.5k coming eventually) MB Quart ONX4.60 for Mids and Highs Boston S50 Components in Front Boston S65 Coaxials in Rear 40 Sq Ft of Second Skin Damplifier Build Thread UBL 1948 Plymouth
jmilch Posted July 26, 2011 Report Posted July 26, 2011 IIRC it has something to do with the offset gap, they arent standard type cones. Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |
Dstack42 Posted July 26, 2011 Author Report Posted July 26, 2011 One of my friends works at an abc warehouse, and they get so many of the type rs brought back, mainly things like surround tears, spider separates. Bad batch maybe, but they don't sell them hardly anymore, mainly rf p3 now. I've used them, both the new models and older ones. The new models are very nice, especially since I can get them for only 100 with extended warranty, those are so common around here and besides 3 15s in a jeep on about 3k, I heard, I was never impressed by them. And they should be able to recone type rs. I've had one reconed by them before. They can make a recone for anything given the o parts they have. That's weird. This is what they sent me back when i emailed them "We’re sorry but we do not have parts that are compatible with that series of subwoofer. We would unfortunately not be able to help you with the repair. Please feel free to contact us if you ever need any more assistance. Thanks for the request, FixMySpeaker.com "
Dstack42 Posted July 26, 2011 Author Report Posted July 26, 2011 i saw custom recones for types r's on ebay for $55 I saw those as well but i only need the cone because i can just use CA glue to reglue the new cone to the spider
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.