Comparable HUs to the 9887?

im a bit confused here? You want the best SQ but you want to mostly run from Ipod?

When you say 3-way active does that mean you want to 3-way front-stage + sub or 2-way front stage plus sub? This is important since most decks listed here will only do 2way plus sub unless you buy a processor or go for the D2 which is the cheapest way to do 3way plus sub.

Good processors will easily cost the same as the decks mentioned here the "bit 1" are doing good these days if not the older alpine 701 or its replacement are other popular options. If I upgrade my current setup one day I would likely go the P90 way...some might say it has a bit more digital sound compared to alpine but I quite like it :)

The eclipse 7200 MKII with copper chasis that I currently use are pretty sweet and comes with a 8v pre-out but its a nightmare to setup. think of it as this. Pioneer/alpine=windows Eclipse=Linux

Loudness is no substitute for musicianship, and partial deafness is no badge of honor. I was once able to hear this advice.

Build Log>>>

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...pid=672024&

New Build

Believe in the order

Easier to buy a bit 1 and any deck you want.

Or do a prs99

Keep your speakers together for the best tuning.

More is not better for sq.

More is for more sound. Not better sound

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

im a bit confused here? You want the best SQ but you want to mostly run from Ipod?

When you say 3-way active does that mean you want to 3-way front-stage + sub or 2-way front stage plus sub? This is important since most decks listed here will only do 2way plus sub unless you buy a processor or go for the D2 which is the cheapest way to do 3way plus sub.

Good processors will easily cost the same as the decks mentioned here the "bit 1" are doing good these days if not the older alpine 701 or its replacement are other popular options. If I upgrade my current setup one day I would likely go the P90 way...some might say it has a bit more digital sound compared to alpine but I quite like it :)

The eclipse 7200 MKII with copper chasis that I currently use are pretty sweet and comes with a 8v pre-out but its a nightmare to setup. think of it as this. Pioneer/alpine=windows Eclipse=Linux

I can see how I was confusing. I want a 3 way active frontstage and I didn't mean by running it off the deck. I will be investing in either a bit one or ms-8 when funds permit. But if I can run active for the time being off the deck, why not use that to my advantage?

As for speaker placement, would I be better off with just or component set and the kids putting all of them in the doors? That would keep it all clustered within a 12" area and might be less cluttered. Or I could still do the two 165s sets with mids alone in the pillars, or just also do the mids in the doors. You people make me feel like I had one post again. Because post = skill.

I can see how I was confusing. I want a 3 way active frontstage and I didn't mean by running it off the deck. I will be investing in either a bit one or ms-8 when funds permit. But if I can run active for the time being off the deck, why not use that to my advantage?

As for speaker placement, would I be better off with just or component set and the kids putting all of them in the doors? That would keep it all clustered within a 12" area and might be less cluttered. Or I could still do the two 165s sets with mids alone in the pillars, or just also do the mids in the doors. You people make me feel like I had one post again. Because post = skill.

if you buy a deck that can run active now and then later buy a processor that is fine but in the long run you will be paying more. you could just buy whatever you want and use the cheap crossovers that come with the speakers but either way will work just fine.

I dont know if you live in the US and drive a auto car because you can do kick panels which is not so easy to do if you have a manual car and right hand drive. I feel kick mounted mids are superior but you will have to work that tuning to get it right. For the rest mount the tweets and the high mids as close as possible to each other but make sure it does not screw with your view of the road. They can be door mounted as well but people like to have the tweets on the dash.

I run 2-way active with my mids in my doors since it was the most practical for me. Sometimes we have to compromise be it practicality or money :(

Here is a pic for inspiration :)it is by no means a SQ setup but it sounds pretty good.

eclipse 7200

IMG_1907.jpg

Tweets

IMG_0575.jpg

Loudness is no substitute for musicianship, and partial deafness is no badge of honor. I was once able to hear this advice.

Build Log>>>

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...pid=672024&

New Build

Believe in the order