Comparable HUs to the 9887?

Im looking for headunits that can compare to the Alpine CDA 9887. Im looking all over the place and cant find one that isnt already sold on forums or isnt broken, and th3ere isnt any on fleabay, so im at a loss. Im willing to look at other Headunits, but havent used any of the nicer ones, so what do you guys suggest? Ive seen people like the Kenwood x9950 series, are they comparable to the 9887 in terms of EQ and features and reliability? Ive heard about many issues with them. What about any pioneers that might rival it? I want the best sound quality and output I can get in a single din. I also pretty much have to have an ipod integration. So, any suggestions? :drinks:

Pioneer 880prs.

My fav deck under 400.00

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

pioneer 980Bt

he wouldnt be the first to say they did a 167 with a system like that (one that clearly DOESNT), but i have to say, he didnt beat me anywhere, ive never competed against the guy. If he thinks his does a 167, mine would probably put him in a coma. :hairtrick:

Pioneer 880prs.

My fav deck under 400.00

Remember seeing the review on caco for it and it was good, but the op actually liked the 9887 more. Of course the ipod controls is probably the main reason...ill look more into it though.

Theking, ill look at her too. :drink40:

copper chassis

5v out on all channels

dual 24bit burr brown

single bit d/a on the sub

16band l/R separate

time alignment

usb input

the only plus with the 9887 is 3wy active off the deck

but being able to kill the whole internal amp and kill the lights on the 880 is a winner for me.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

copper chassis

5v out on all channels

dual 24bit burr brown

16band l/R separate

time alignment

usb input

but being able to kill the whole internal amp and kill the lights on the 880 is a winner for me.

I just looked up the DEH-P880PRS and from the pictures and description it did not have a copper chassis.

The DEH-P800PRS did have a copper chassis.

:)

copper chassis

5v out on all channels

dual 24bit burr brown

16band l/R separate

time alignment

usb input

Not sure what that means..but sounds important. :lol: I think you sold me Ray...depends on which one I can find at a good price I guess.

Sorry. 800prs.

Both are good decks, but 880 doesnt have copper chassis or usb.

800 is the newer model and the one to get