Sonic Electronix

Pole vents don't do a whole lot for venting. They're mainly used to reduce back pressure that can make the dust cap pop off. There are a ton of high power handling SPL subs that do not use a pole vent.

Edited by RAM_Designs

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...

Pole vents don't do a whole lot for venting. They're mainly used to reduce back pressure that can make the dust cap pop off. There are a ton of high power handling SPL subs that do not use a pole vent.

The DC Team Edition/ SPL subwoofers do not have pole vents IIRC.

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

but those vent through the basket and/or the former.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

but those vent through the basket and/or the former.

Some company owner, I forgot who exactly(Maybe Jacob or Electrodynamic) was talking about it before, how adding the pole vent really does not much of anything for cooling with the woofers they were testing it on. But I do see your point, that if it is the only form of potential cooling with a given woofer, then I can see how it will affect it more greatly than on a sub that already has other forms of cooling.

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...

mines only vented in the basket if i got a diff coil with this motor wich i may do with some comps then i could plug the pole vent. ima look into what i can do with these motors

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.