how to find out spring length and diameter?

Does anyone know how I can find out the length and diameter of my cars rear springs withought having to take them out? I have a 2007 honda accord 4door, and I need some taller rear springs cause of all the weight in the back and my 22s, I already have spacers in them but I lifted it as far as they can go so I wanna try to find the height and diameter of my stock ones so I can get some that are about 2.5" taller. I tried googling it and I called honda and they just said to look it up on the internet cause they didn't have that info. So can someone please help? Thanks!

Call a dealer see if have stock spring in stock...

I tried that and they didn't, thanks though

No spring compressor needed

put car up on jsck stands ( on frame not rear axel)

Put jack under rear axel and lift axel up a bit so its not just "hanging"there

Loosen shock bolts

Lower jack and your springs will come out

it really is as easy as it sounds...If my moron neighbor can do it in the garage anyone can

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it

No spring compressor needed

put car up on jsck stands ( on frame not rear axel)

Put jack under rear axel and lift axel up a bit so its not just "hanging"there

Loosen shock bolts

Lower jack and your springs will come out

it really is as easy as it sounds...If my moron neighbor can do it in the garage anyone can

Ok it just seemed harder.. And :lol:

I called a place called Springworks and got new rear springs for my 95 accord, I told them i had alot of weight in the trunk and would be adding even more, took them about 4 weeks to make them though.

I got them and put them on and with 4 d3100s, 2 40 lb amps, 3 sundown nightshades and a heavy ass box im still above factory ride height.

only problem i has is there rod they used to make the springs was such a larger diameter the spring looks like it wont fully seat down on the strut bracket, so a shop i had it at refused to do it, but then i decided to do it myself (actually a pretty easy thing to do), and they went in great, if you go this route you will need a spring compressor though. they are cheap though, only 35 buck at autozone.

also, the spring ends did not match the stock spring ends, so the compression makes in the rubber on the strut were off. and that is the way how-to videos tell you to line them up. the way i did it was to just leave the top of the strut still bolted to the car so i didnt have to bother lining up those bolts later.

I also have my stock springs i could measure, but i doubt they are the same measurements.

dang that was long..

edit, i just noticed your from cali, thats where springworks is too, maybe they are close enough to you to stop by. I think theyre in Santa Rosa

Edited by fritosaregood

I called a place called Springworks and got new rear springs for my 95 accord, I told them i had alot of weight in the trunk and would be adding even more, took them about 4 weeks to make them though.

I got them and put them on and with 4 d3100s, 2 40 lb amps, 3 sundown nightshades and a heavy ass box im still above factory ride height.

only problem i has is there rod they used to make the springs was such a larger diameter the spring looks like it wont fully seat down on the strut bracket, so a shop i had it at refused to do it, but then i decided to do it myself (actually a pretty easy thing to do), and they went in great, if you go this route you will need a spring compressor though. they are cheap though, only 35 buck at autozone.

also, the spring ends did not match the stock spring ends, so the compression makes in the rubber on the strut were off. and that is the way how-to videos tell you to line them up. the way i did it was to just leave the top of the strut still bolted to the car so i didnt have to bother lining up those bolts later.

I also have my stock springs i could measure, but i doubt they are the same measurements.

dang that was long..

edit, i just noticed your from cali, thats where springworks is too, maybe they are close enough to you to stop by. I think theyre in Santa Rosa

Thanks a lot for all that info! And I am going to give springworks a call cause they are here in cali and the place I had called was called coachs chasis but they are in new mexico.

So did you have to figure out your stock height and diameter before you got yours or did springworks do it for you?