Sonic Electronix

If you're itching to play with fiberglass, make some kick panels and keep those speaker in front of you. Less speaker wire to run if you decide to run them off of the deck. I've always had distortion issues at louder volumes running speaker off of deck power.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Baker would not recommend doing this? If so what would you run them off of? I just have nothing to do lately.. Looking for a new project.

I personally wouldn't recomend b/c of the amp produces more factors that the HU can't. You could experience serious distortion or clipping from the HU. If that issue is fixed, then you have the possibilities of two completely different ranges of freq. from you HU/Amp and also two different volumes levels. And if your amp has a gain control knob, then that just makes it more difficult. IMO, I just say either A) sacrafice some power, or gain some power (according to your ohm load) and wire those drivers in w/ your amp, or B) get a bigger, or another amp.

mivtCK.png

Baker would not recommend doing this? If so what would you run them off of? I just have nothing to do lately.. Looking for a new project.

I personally wouldn't recomend b/c of the amp produces more factors that the HU can't. You could experience serious distortion or clipping from the HU. If that issue is fixed, then you have the possibilities of two completely different ranges of freq. from you HU/Amp and also two different volumes levels. And if your amp has a gain control knob, then that just makes it more difficult. IMO, I just say either A) sacrafice some power, or gain some power (according to your ohm load) and wire those drivers in w/ your amp, or B) get a bigger, or another amp.

So hook them in with my doorspeakers? If I even do it.. Lol I may just try and sell them cheaply.

Also, you seem to be a "kicker or bust" kind of dude. What are you doin messin around with Pioneers?

They were my first set of doorspeakers I had in my truck. lol I went to kicker and never got around to sellin them.

I personally hate kicker...they just come off to me as a way overated entry level company. But, from your pics, your build looks good. I'd like to actually hear it.

Thanks man. I like to hear things like that. lol

-Ross

Project Layla

Truck: 99' F-150

Gathering things for my next build.

SoloX18 build:

http://www.stevemead..._1#entry1576460

RE T-line build:

http://www.stevemead...-between-build/