I need to know if I can have someone served if they won't tell me their name. I only have a first name and an address. One family is willing to pay their half, the others are low life pieces of shit who don't think they are responsible for their kids' actions. Now I gotta take them to small claims for $147.95, plus court fee's.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

How it goes if you are found the winner is, the judge will take your estimates as well as any estimates that the other parties have gathered.

He will then usually find a happy medium of the estimates giving to them and will award you a certain amount of money for said repairs.

However if the shop you want the car to get fixed at wants $3000, and all your estimates are in that price range, and the other parties estimates are in the $2000 range, most likely you will get awarded the difference of your estimates and theirs making it $2500.

Now you can do whatever you want with that $2500, and have that shop that quoted you $3000 to repair the vehicle, but your stuck paying the difference, or even say screw the repairs and pocket the cash.

A lot of times people are in good terms with certain shops, so of coarse your going to goto the shop for an estimate that you know will help you out by getting more money then needed for the repairs, while its the complete opposite for the guilty parties, and they may goto their mechanic that is a friend or something simular and he will say well I can fix this damage for only $1000. This is why the judge will normally find a happy medium.

On last thing to remember.

Small claims court will just put a judgement for money on the guilty parties. It will be put on their Credit Report, if they dont pay making loans and other financing hard to get.

So if you win your case, you will not immediately get paid, hell you may never get paid, or maybe get paid $10 bucks a month. The guilty party may file for bankruptcy leaving you totally fucked over.

Now if you are smart, you would have insurance, then your insurance will cover the damage even tho its not your fault, and they would take their lawyers and go after the guilty parties, without any cost to you.

Well, my insurance agent said its not considered criminal because of the age of the kids :bull: . Plus my deductible is more than the estimate. Thats what I don't understand. These fuckers won't own up and its such a small amount. Might have to get them to "pay" in other ways.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread