I have a dc power 270xp alt it would put out 14.9v cold and. 14.6 warmed up. after 8 months of use, it now reads 13.8 cold and 13.4 warm. why am I not getting 14+ anymore???vehicle is a 2001 Durango. was powering an aq 3500, sold the aq and have been using a old 2000 watt power acoustik amp. this was right around when I lost that extra volt! I disconnected amp and checked voltage from front batt and alt, it still says 13.7

Do you have a regulator on it?

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

Have u tried to check voltage with more than one volt meter?

have audio control meter in dash connected to amp,( this is how I first noticed it because I look at it eveytime I start my car and while driving.)so I got a multimeter and checked voltage from alt (negative on front batt positive on alt) still 13.7

Batteries resting voltage?

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)