I was able to spend today working on the box. It is coming together nicely. I got the port in yesterday.

box8-1.jpg

As well as the front panel of the "box". There is a 2" space in the angled front to hide the wires.

box10-1.jpg

In order to get the port to work I had to get creative. First- before

box9.jpg

next- after 'glass

box11.jpg

I was able to cut the top panel without the notches for the bulges in the side trim. Here you can see kinda how it will look when finished. The compressors will be where they are in the pic. The amps will be on the angled front panel.

box12.jpg

box13.jpg

The box is 1.87 ft^3 with approx. 12.75^2/ft of port tuned to around 34 hz.

I can finally see some daylight. :)

I didn't get to do any work on the car yesterday. I went to get more supplies. ;) I did get back on it this evening though. I started making templates for the trim panels. The panels will cover the enclosure and make it look a lot better (IMO) than just a "box" sitting in the back. To make the templates I used cardboard. This is much cheaper and easier to work with when trying to follow odd shapes.

boxtemplate.jpg

After I had the 3 pieces cut, I put them in place. I then cut out the holes for the speakers and port to match the openings in the box. Next, I put the speakers in and made sure they were in the right spot by putting in a couple of the screws in each one. The top trim panel will fit over the speakers. This should help them look recessed a bit. By putting the screws in, then marking the outline of the speakers on the template, It should be an exact fit. Since the opening of the port is rounded over, the opening in the trim panel will be slightly wider than the port size. I cut the opening to match the port and from this I can transfer the mark +1/2" each direction to get the desired opening in the panel.

boxtemplate2.jpg

My niece just had a baby a little while ago. So, I will probably go visit them tomorrow afternoon. Progress will continue the first chance I get.

I was able to get a day of work in on the car. I started out by transfering the cardboard shapes to some lauan. Then a test fit of the wood panels. Even though I made the holes for the speakers slightly larger, it wasn't enough for the vinyl to wrap around and ended up doing a little work on the openings with a rasp.I also put the amps in there places to mark and drill holes for wires. I had to do the same for the airlines and wires for the compressors.

101_0914.jpg

After this it was time to wrap the panels in vinyl and reinstall everything.

101_0918.jpg

One more from slightly different angle.

101_0917.jpg

..and one of the Sundown SA-8 showing the stainless bolts I used to secure them.

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp44/lowpt/101_0919.jpg[/img

wow dude great build. i see we are on the same page on a lot of things lol. you did give me some new ideas for my door panels.i think i see a 2nd build in the future lol .i do have a question what air ride did you use ?

alpine head unit (freebee 2009 model)2 sets of eclpise 5.25 comp. speakers.

1. set is in the a-pilors

1. memphis mojo 2500 watt amp

1. rockford fosgate t2 15"

dual 2 ohm wired to 4 ohm . seeing 600 watts

1. realm audio 600 watt 4ch

Very clean! I like that, great work man!!!

Thanks!!

wow dude great build. i see we are on the same page on a lot of things lol. you did give me some new ideas for my door panels.i think i see a 2nd build in the future lol .i do have a question what air ride did you use ?

I am running Viair 480 compressors, Airlift Easystreet struts, and Slam Specialties bags.

Yessir that looks very nice, as expected! The looks of everything w/ the soundstream amps and stuff just fit your car to a t!!! :woot:

One question though is where did you buy your vinyl? Thanks for posting this build, you have given me MANY ideas! :good:

Oh and as for mine, it's STILL on hold while I make up my freakin' mind! I think I will go a lil smaller on my doors than I had planned, and I still haven't decided if I will wrap in vinyl or paint. Decisions, decisions! :pardon:

But thanks again for the pics, and also what else, if anything, do you have planned for your car? (Guess I DID have another question :trippy: )

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

Archived