help figuring out electrical upgrades

is there a equation used to find out what size alt and or battery combination i would need to run a cirtin wattage amp.

like for example would a 90 amp alt with 2 1200 amp batteries be enough to run a 2000 rms amp? or what other factors come into play in trying to figure out what you would need to run a specific power of amp

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

should be.. im running a hifonics BRZ 2400.1D on stock electrical in my 98' dodge ram. i'll be upgrading just incase, but im having very little voltage problems.

Driving my 2008 Dodge Ram 2500 MEGA cab with the 5.7 hemi.

Audio: Two 10" Alpine Type R's ( 1000rms models )

Hifonics BRZ 2400.1D @ .5 ohm

Two Kinetic 1400 batteries ( soon to have XS power under hood )

Tsunami 1/0 Awg wire throughout truck.

Stock Infinity 7 speaker system ( Junk ) soon to be replaced, probably all Alpine.

Exterior: 17"Dick cepek rims with 33" Toyo MT tires

Bushwacker fender flares

Magnaflow true duel exhaust

LED tail lights with Projector headlights

Plasti-dip fun coming soon!

ya but a ram has a lil bigger alt then my neon doesnt it?

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

to calculate the size of alternator you need to calculate how many amps your system is going to draw then add around 50 amps for your vehicle to operate and thats how big of an alternator you need. in the xs power section on here is a chart to help you pick out the right size battery

1999 Audi A4 1.8T:::

4 - DC Level 3 10's in a 4th order

Rockford P6002 on Subs for now (3-3.5k coming eventually)

MB Quart ONX4.60 for Mids and Highs

Boston S50 Components in Front

Boston S65 Coaxials in Rear

40 Sq Ft of Second Skin Damplifier

Build Thread

UBL

1948 Plymouth

thanks that vid helped alot

if i did everything right it looks like i should be able to get the 2k i want out of my amp at 12v

with a hc1200 upfront and a hc2400 in the back

Archived