Grelko's 84 Chevy G30 1-Ton Full Size Van

Sanded a couple more of the outside spots yesterday, still need to wet sand, dry, then a thin layer of primer to see where I still need to add a little extra bondo, then start the process over.

Used a wire-wheel and unrusted the hell out of the interior floor then rustoleum flooded it lol. Patched it up as best as I could with aluminum flashing, small galvanized sheets and expanding foam "really hated having to do that". It should last a good while though, atleast until I can actually save up to get it welded.

New interior floor is down, started putting the new walls in. Might have most of the walls finished up tomarrow plus the back doors, maybe even the sliding door.

Forgot to take pictures today, should have a couple up tomarrow.

Optimus XL-400w amp 2x 10s IMPP 400w 2x something or other in dash 2x 35w radioshack 8" full-range AcDelco factory radio "frankenstein'd from my dead buick" Dodge seats 1984 Chevy G30 full size 1-ton van "Rust Monster" Progress - around 15% primer/patching

Sold the van in 2014, had it about 75% done, never did get the system in it. Bought a 2000 Chevy S10, still using the same amp/subs. Headunit is XO Vision X538. It's 52x4w, has a dvd player, auto flip out 7" touch screen plus alot more and is a single din.

Put almost 8 hours into the van today, looks alot better now

Pictures coming up in a couple minutes

Walls done, except for the very back near the doors.

Back doors done, covering the sliding door tomarrow.

Ceiling coming soon, need more wood.

Optimus XL-400w amp 2x 10s IMPP 400w 2x something or other in dash 2x 35w radioshack 8" full-range AcDelco factory radio "frankenstein'd from my dead buick" Dodge seats 1984 Chevy G30 full size 1-ton van "Rust Monster" Progress - around 15% primer/patching

Sold the van in 2014, had it about 75% done, never did get the system in it. Bought a 2000 Chevy S10, still using the same amp/subs. Headunit is XO Vision X538. It's 52x4w, has a dvd player, auto flip out 7" touch screen plus alot more and is a single din.

Before

DSCN0248.jpg

After

DSCN0305.jpg

not even close to being done.

DSCN0285.jpg

DSCN0284.jpg

DSCN0287.jpg

DSCN0288.jpg

DSCN0290.jpg

DSCN0289.jpg

DSCN0299.jpg

DSCN0291.jpg

DSCN0295.jpg

DSCN0292.jpg

DSCN0296.jpg

DSCN0297.jpg

DSCN0301.jpg

DSCN0302.jpg

Well... I finally found out what was making the van rattle FOR SURE. I took it up to get it aligned, and the guy looked it over real good and said he couldn't align it because I need both lower ball joints, the idler arm, and sway arm bushings replaced before he could work on it.

I must have overlooked some pieces when I checked it over because the ball joints seemed ok to me. When he had the entire front end in the air, the tires moved around alot easily and he showed me where the pieces were messed up. I just replaced the idler arm a couple years ago but it looks beat. Atleast that gives my mechanic something to do this weekend.

Spare tire is flat, got it checked, need a new rim.

I put the bed frame back in with the frame walls, part of the ceiling, couple small shelves, and couple other pieces.

I should have a more pictures up in a couple days.

With 313 cbic feet net in the back that is enough for like 20 18's :trippy: :trippy: :trippy: :trippy: !!!!! Definatley should do 20 18's that would be fucking epic as shit man maybe in a monster 4th order? That van would have to have like concrete walls lol. Btw does anyone know if this van could be run in like dbdrag or something?

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

20 18"s would be awesome to do, but I'd be saving up cash for a LONG TIME lol.

Since I put the bed frame back in, theres plenty of room for atleast 8x 12"s so, I'll most likely do that unless I decide to make it a livingroom setup instead, I have no idea yet. Still alot of body work to be done and my budget is getting thrashed so it'll take longer than I first planned. Might be able to start getting the speakers september or october I hope.

Eventually, years from now I was going to try and get into SPL competitions, all I would have to do is take out the box/bed frame I'll have for the 8x 12"s and make it bigger to add more subs lol. It should turn out decent.

Dude i have enough room for 8 12's in my blazer lol. You have enough room for eight twelves the living room and a kitchen lol. And maybe a half bath.

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

lol, I'm keeping the couch in there, if I can get a good bit of cash saved up I might get a TV besides the 8x 12"s. Still deciding on what to do up front, if I have the room I would go with 8 or more speakers under the dash, probably gonna cut some holes in the door at the bottom also, but I'm not even thinking about that part yet since I'm still working on putting up the ceiling, fixing parts under the hood patching the frame and a couple other things.

I'll figure it all out eventually but everytime I even start to THINK about getting speakers, something else comes up.

Replaced the sway bar bushings that are attached to the control arm, nothing much else today. Wasn't bad, took about an hour.

passanger side

DSCN0306.jpg

DSCN0307.jpg

DSCN0308.jpg

driver side

DSCN0309.jpg

DSCN0310.jpg

DSCN0312.jpg

Archived