Grelko's 84 Chevy G30 1-Ton Full Size Van

It's about DAMN time I finally got back heavy into car audio, it's been over 10 years and I forgot how much fun it is.

I'll get some pics up eventually.

April

Got my dual exhaust put back on with Thrush mufflers, nice and loud.

STILL don't know wtf is up with my E-brake... replaced springs, lines etc earlier this year

May/June

Installed Proform Chevy 14" black crinkle air filter kit. Looks like an oasis in a desert of dirt and grease till I get some time to clean up the engine.

Got two new back tires.

Slowly patching up holes in frame

Started this new project around July 17th 2011

Actually spent a couple hours and washed the van.

Ripped out the old walls and ceiling.

Tossed out the mattress.

Dropped the bed frame to about one foot off the floor and added more legs to bed frame.

The couch is staying :)

New fuel filter, seafoam in tank, another bottle waiting till I get under the hood for vac lines and oil.

Sanded rims to almost bare metal, getting ready to primer/paint, should have just gotten new rims.

Sanded interior ceiling will spray with rustoleum after a bit more work, found 2 leaks FIXED :)

Built 2x4 frame ontop of old bed frame for sub box weight support, will be toggle bolted to metal ribs in the walls, and added extra supports under bed frame.

Ripped out all interior lights, wires hanging for later use.

Floor, sliding door, and back doors covered in 1/2 plywood

Walls about 90% done with 1/4 plywood and Pink Panther insulation lol

Progress slowed for a bit of bodywork, a new center support bearing in the driveshaft, new front brake pads, a trip to the store for more plywood for the ceiling and a couple 4x8 sheets of 3/4 MDF

Man, this 90+ weather is bad, can't fit van in the garage and no AC, atleast I can work on it under the tree in front of the house, doesn't help too much, but better than in direct sunlight surrounded by all metal.

Checking budget for enough bondo/filler/sandpaper etc, etc to cover a small town, and trying to find a good place, that's hopefully cheap in price to get some welding done...

edit- Fixed a couple install dates

Optimus XL-400w amp 2x 10s IMPP 400w 2x something or other in dash 2x 35w radioshack 8" full-range AcDelco factory radio "frankenstein'd from my dead buick" Dodge seats 1984 Chevy G30 full size 1-ton van "Rust Monster" Progress - around 15% primer/patching

Sold the van in 2014, had it about 75% done, never did get the system in it. Bought a 2000 Chevy S10, still using the same amp/subs. Headunit is XO Vision X538. It's 52x4w, has a dvd player, auto flip out 7" touch screen plus alot more and is a single din.

Center support bearing FIXED. Damn was that thing falling apart, didn't fix the problem with the van rattling though, seems to be either the ball joint or upper control arm "again", or possibly just need a new front driver's side tire, the tire looks pretty bad, so I'll get that first.

I should probably try not to drive the van like I used to drive my old buick lol

Noticed that the large rubber piece on the bottom of the transmission mount that was replaced not even two years ago is dry rotting and starting to crack...should replace that sometime later this year

Got some 1/4 sanded plywood cut for the interior and another pound of wood screws.

Stared at the 8" by 10" pretty much rusted through hole in the interior floor near the back driver's side wheel well.....AND the other 3" by 6" hole by the other back wheel well....where i can't put the floor back in at yet and, STILL searching for a decent price on some welding.

Did some more sanding on a couple patched spots from last week

Got really bored, turned the gain on my old amp up to max for about five minutes and watched the rust fall off a section of the back door frame while taking a smoke break lol :)

Optimus XL-400w amp 2x 10s IMPP 400w 2x something or other in dash 2x 35w radioshack 8" full-range AcDelco factory radio "frankenstein'd from my dead buick" Dodge seats 1984 Chevy G30 full size 1-ton van "Rust Monster" Progress - around 15% primer/patching

Sold the van in 2014, had it about 75% done, never did get the system in it. Bought a 2000 Chevy S10, still using the same amp/subs. Headunit is XO Vision X538. It's 52x4w, has a dvd player, auto flip out 7" touch screen plus alot more and is a single din.

:NeedPics::ttiwwop::stfu::D

I keep forgetting lol, here's a couple for ya, I'll get my camera ready for tomarrow :P

That plate will be going on after I get the van painted black near the very end.

DSCN0195.jpg

DSCN0194.jpg

DSCN0196.jpg

:NeedPics::ttiwwop::stfu::D

lol good use of emoticons =P

and like the kidnappin liscence plate lol peto !

awesomeness-1.jpg

(4)DD 9918's

(2)DC 10k

8 6.5" focals

2 DD SS4 mid amps

Audison Bit One processor

Jl-cl-rlc line driver

iPad in dash

Dual Irragi 320a alts

8 batcaps 4000's

Second Skin sound deadened

old ass van with the sliding door, ya I had to get that plate made lol

edit- the 8" midranges will be taken out and closed over, they were temporary so it wasn't only bass in the back

I can't think of what to work on yet for today, so I'll just take alot of pics of what I've done so far, and what needs to be fixed later.

Back in a couple hours

Sanded a bit, temporarily put in pieces of the new walls to see how it'll look, lots of pics coming in a couple minutes

Archived