Diablo Audio Technologies Inferno 8.1

1. Product: Diablo Audio Technologies Inferno 8.1

2. Specs: 8000w@ 1ohm at 14.4 Best was little under 12k @1ohm at 17v

3. Description/Condition: Blown. Surprising right? Smoked the power supply side running the amp full tilt @.5 ohm. Amp has been running this way for about 2 years. I lost a coil on the sub and the protect didn't catch the dead short fast enough. Looks like 6 fets went (IFRP 360's) and torched the supply leads pretty good. I would replace all FET's anyway. No burns to the board that I can see. Traces still all look good as well. Transformers have a little soot on them, but the varnish looks to be undamaged. Small nics and scratches as well as a little dusty.

Only 6 of these were ever made. While most of the DAT lines had issues, this amp was in service for nearly 2 years and ran pretty hard all that time. Other then me pushing this one beyond it's limits, it was trouble free.

It will be up to you or your repair guy to fix this. While it does look straight forward, I can not imply that is an easy or simple fix as I have not and will not diagnose it. I will say that when these amps are working that they are a powerhouse.

I have lost pretty much all interest in car audio and I will be cleaning out the garage as I go. Feel free to shoot me an offer, but don't be offended if I say no. I would rather hang it on the wall then to give it away.

Amp does come with back plate, bass knob and cord. The new owner can also have the protel diagram sheets. I can even toss in a DAT logo plexi plate for the bottom

4. Price: : 400 shipped + insured OBO

6. Pictures:

074-2.jpg

075-2.jpg

076-2.jpg

072-2.jpg

071-2.jpg

070-2.jpg

068-2.jpg

069-2.jpg

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

illl take it mate as long as your prepared to send it to perth western australia ok champ or even email m,e man

im dealy seriosu i will tak e it if your keen on jus t cash kool if you eant trade and cashg for sum hadmade speakers from italy or another amps check my website see what wed o and let me know but i deal with this company not DAT but the ppl the get the amps from and i have been getting screewd so i want to check the difference beteern my amos and this one i have the funds available in paypal as of thursaday ok mate

Ren

p.s. check my website and email all you details like for payment and also how much shipping will be and weather you have yto go UPS or if it can GO USPS ok bd cheers

Ren

www.xmplar.com.au

[email protected]

AUSTRALIAN DC DISTRIBUTOR AND TEAM DC OZ MANAGER

th_dc-soundlab3.jpg

one thing it is in full working condition and still puts out ratee power or more yes

Ren

th_dc-soundlab3.jpg

illl take it mate as long as your prepared to send it to perth western australia ok champ or even email m,e man

im dealy seriosu i will tak e it if your keen on jus t cash kool if you eant trade and cashg for sum hadmade speakers from italy or another amps check my website see what wed o and let me know but i deal with this company not DAT but the ppl the get the amps from and i have been getting screewd so i want to check the difference beteern my amos and this one i have the funds available in paypal as of thursaday ok mate

Ren

p.s. check my website and email all you details like for payment and also how much shipping will be and weather you have yto go UPS or if it can GO USPS ok bd cheers

Ren

www.xmplar.com.au

[email protected]

get in line.... :peepwall:

you win some, you lose some

:orly3: hF COOL as man if you can pay what he wants etc no sweat after all i have to ship it to austrlaia and i want to swap sum other goodies to make itr worth his while but you were first ill give you a few days then im up ok fair

Ren :yahoo:

th_dc-soundlab3.jpg

All PM's replied too. Thanks guys.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Beast amp and a good guy to buy from glws

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

Beast amp and a good guy to buy from glws

Thanks. Too bad we couldn't find a mate to go in the back of the hoe.

All PM's replied. Thanks guys!

Archived