SQ from large sub woofers ???

Fish Chris

You are making it sound like the material for an 18" cone is 50 lbs heavier then a 12. That's just not the case. A 3" coil weighs the same in a 10, 12,15 and 18. Sure an 18 has more air to push, but that has more to do with motor strength. It's not because a cone weighs so much more. If you are concerened that your sub can't handle any dynamic attack then maybe you have picked the wrong driver or couldn't build the right box for one. But to say a larger driver can't keep up with a smaller one playing the same musical range is just ignorant IMO. If you are really concerened about attack, then look a little deeper at your amp and it's slew rate.

im talking about your comparison between a drum and an 18" subwoofer. i never once said one sized sub CANT handle transients. in fact i clearly said they CAN.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

I got an 18" in 8.2ft^3 net @29Hz and it's facking great!

and have absolutely zero knowledge of what they are talking about.

whoa.gif

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

Archived