If your factory ground wire follows the same as mine, you ground wire actually goes to the block/transmission ground then goes to the frame. BUUUUUT I have a 4.2 and a 98, things could be totally different for you.

Yeah mines the 5.4 and a 99. I bet they are very similar. I didn't know the wire was that long. Thanks for the heads up man :drinks:

-Ross

Project Layla

Truck: 99' F-150

Gathering things for my next build.

SoloX18 build:

http://www.stevemead..._1#entry1576460

RE T-line build:

http://www.stevemead...-between-build/

If your factory ground wire follows the same as mine, you ground wire actually goes to the block/transmission ground then goes to the frame. BUUUUUT I have a 4.2 and a 98, things could be totally different for you.

Yeah mines the 5.4 and a 99. I bet they are very similar. I didn't know the wire was that long. Thanks for the heads up man :drinks:

No problem at all. I was really surprised when I started looking at mine, sort of caught me off guard!

:drinks:

Next time she tries to punch you in the stomach, whip your wiener out and chase her around. Show her who's boss.

You should only need 8 terminals. 4 for the positive and 2 on each ground wire. But it is always good to have extra.

I bought cadence wire, and my fuses from audiosavings.com/ paid $50 for 20 feet of 0 gauage and 10x fuses.

look at darvex.com for a fuse holder, I got mine there.

How did you like the wire? Meets up to AWG and flexible and such?

I bought the cadence wire from audio savings as well. It is good wire, as long as the jacket is a frosted color. See, they put different wire in their kits vs. when you buy specific lengths. Their shiny jacket has a smaller thread count, where as their frosted jacket has alot better wire/jacket ratio. The stuff off the spool is frosted. The only complaint I have about it though, is that I believe it is CCA. When you cut it, it is a silver color istead of being all copper color. Other than that the wire has great flexibility.

I have used this wire on many different occasions because of its price and, overall it is excellent wire. Just stay away from their amp kits, because like I said before they use a different quality wire in them.

Best of Luck and Cheers!

There is a point of diminishing returns on the amount of equipment installed, kinda like throwing money out a window.

Thanks for all the info man. I'll look into cadence.

dont know if your still checking ffor wire but i bought my 1/0 on ebay. check there first

Wicked 4 play car club

2002 Chevy 2 door blazer

Real soon setup

head unit: PTID-8920B

subs: 4 12's or 2 15's hevent made up my mind on brand,ported at 33hz

amps: for sure two RF 300.4' for mids and highs, 3sixty.2. stuck on wat sub amp ill be using

power supply: big 3 1/0, 2 runs of 1/0 power wire and 2 runs of 1/0 ground wire bacc to the second battery, 8awg, 4awg and depending on the sub amp 4 to 1/0 power and grounds for it.

speaker wire: 12awg speaker wire and 8awg for subs

speakers: 4x6's dash, 6 1/2 components doors, 5 1/4 components kicks, and 6x9's back. all Infinity Reference

misc.: 8000k hid low beams/projector headlights, 3/3 lowering kit, D3400 xspower batt up front and rear, ad244 145 amp alternator