Sonic Electronix

lol sooo......

back over here haha

Okay.... so as long as I correctly tune the amp then everything will be good?

I am asking about this setup because I plan on eventually adding more amps but for now this will have to do.

I am running a momphis mojo (rated for 1750 watts rms) on about 1k rms right now for about a month, and I haven't had a problem. Just make sure you set your gains correctly and check from time to time after you have been playing them at high volume to make sure the cone isn't too hot, if it is then your gains are probably not set correctly, or your electrical can't keep up and is causing clipping...

lol sooo......

back over here haha

Okay.... so as long as I correctly tune the amp then everything will be good?

I am asking about this setup because I plan on eventually adding more amps but for now this will have to do.

I am running a momphis mojo (rated for 1750 watts rms) on about 1k rms right now for about a month, and I haven't had a problem. Just make sure you set your gains correctly and check from time to time after you have been playing them at high volume to make sure the cone isn't too hot, if it is then your gains are probably not set correctly, or your electrical can't keep up and is causing clipping...

Okay awesome! Thanks a lot thats perfect info

Now:

2002 Mercury Mountaineer

Pioneer AVH-P3300BT

250amp alt, "excessive amperage"

Big 3 0gauge "kicker"

KHC2000

Massive Audio N4

2x DC Xl

Street wires 0 gauge

Monster 402 speaker cable

Future addition:

2x Massive Audio N4

2x KHC2000

1 KHC1800 under hood

if you are just using a cheap hand held one, yes. but let me ask you this, when you have the bass turned up full tilt do you really care if there is a slight amount of distortion? could you ever actually hear it? wouldnt all the rattling panels be 100x worse?

but this isnt a topic about the dd1 so lets not make it into one.

In your substage could you hear the difference? Likely not. For low frequencies, don't you have to be at like 10% distortion or higher before most actually hear it?

However, when talking about something like a midrange speaker or a tweeter, yes, I believe you would be able to tell the difference. Dudes over at Pulse could.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert