Trying to figure out what kind of helmet this is..

I've had it forever.. never used it.. It still has the price on it, $100.. and it's a KBC with a Snell/Dot approved sticker on it.

Anyways, I'm looking to get a sports bike soon, and I'm wondering if this helmet would be efficient. It doesn't have glass, but I think I'd rather where sun glasses instead during this heat at least..

Any help?

a59taa.jpgs3ngb5.jpg6iwwnp.jpg

Edited by TLEJ

That's an off road/motocross helmet. If you're riding a street bike, I wouldn't trust wrapping my head in a $100 KBC. you can get an affordable Arai or Shoei helmet and it will be built much better and far more comfortable. If you live in a hot/humid state, you want one with a removable and washable liner too.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Ah, that's what I figured. What are some good trusted brands for sports bike helmets?.. I tried checking that site you just linked, but it seems to be down.. And I'm not going to be doing anything crazy on my bike, just using it for a 2 mile ride everyday back and forth.

I HAVE seen guys run off road helmets on the streets though, and since it's Snell and DOT approved, it would be an ok choice. Instead of glasses though, you might wanna look into some goggles.

I thought it would be ok to because of the DOT/snell approved sticker.. But I know nothing about this field..

Edited by TLEJ

Street helmets have a clear(or yellow or tinted) visor that can be moved up and down over your eyes. A shield that swivels basically. A motocross helmet, like the one you have is open faced so goggles can be strapped on and fit in that open area.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.