ive got these speakers here aiwa_speakers.jpg?1306963332

ive already replaced the shitty 4'' speakers with some kenwood 2way coax speakers, that helped a ton, there in there own sealed pod thing

what i was wondering is if i could change the bandpass box from a single reflex like this bandpass.gif

to a box like this quasisixbandpass.gif

mine didn't have the grills as a friend gave them to me, i had to do some work to em, but what u have here is a sealed box with a 6&1/2'' woofer behind the maby 3''-4'' port hole u see on the bottom, the mid at the top is in its own little plastic houseing sealed off from the other speaker

i was wanting to do a quasi six order instead of a single reflex due to this box lacking lower bass, my other bookshelf speakers have the same woofers as these do, but the other ones are nicer, both have same excursion and what knot, just not really what i would like

i wanted to incorporate a 2'' piece of pvc pipe to see if i can help its responce better, this woofer can get loud but the box is lacking alot, im not complaining as these where free, but just want to inprove it a little bit

these are the other speakers im compareing it to philips-240-watt-mini-hi-fi-system-with-3-cd-changer-dual-cassette-radio-and-max-sound-image-320w.jpg they play low, and loud, best bookshelf system ive baught, still have it, and works great after 10yrs, i actually found another one at pawnshop and got it, and got another set of speakers too

this is just something i want to play with, they will be mounted outside under covered porch out of weather and what knot to have decent sound outside working on stuff, im just doing this to help its bass output

so will this work, the other port will be on the inside at top of box behind the 4'' coax

if anyone needs me to i can take it apart to show what im talking about

Edited by tacomabanga1986

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

experiment ... cool :popcorn:

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

i know bandpass's are hard to work on, but i know with 4th and 6th order bandpass's the internal port should be tuned lower than external port i guess

i mean this aint really a win loose as i can just nail a piece of wood over the hole and go back to what i have already

i just dont know if the waves will cancel each other and what knot

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif