Second Skin Audio

08 Dodge Ram Quad Cab with 2 12w7s

I'm building a custom center console for 2 12w7s and I was wondering if you guys thought about 4.75cu ft of airspace would be good for them. I have a rough draft drawn out for the box so far. I was also going to try to tune the box to 32hz. This will be the first ported box I have ever built and I don't want to screw it up.

I will upload a new drawing with dimensions and a top view when I finish them.

SubBox2.jpg

08 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7L Hemi Quad Cab

Focal Polyglass in front.

2 10w3s under back seat with 600w amp and a 12w7 in the center console with 1000w amp.

Pictures

i would take the 90 bend out of the port unless you need it for fitment in the truck. looks like you should be able to have a straight port though

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

Here is an updated copy of the drawing. I tried to include all the dimensions.

I think it is confusing so I tried to color code some of it.

The magenta area at the top is 18in high. The green part is a small arm rest. It will be 15in high. The part to the left that is completely white in the top view is slanted down for my AC controls in my truck. It will not be part of the box. I will be using 3/4 inch MDF for the whole box. Also subs are 12.5 inches wide.

Edit 1: I forgot one thing. The box will be 15 inches wide.

Edit 2: Some of my dimensions were wrong so I updated that.

SubBox2-Layout3.jpg

Edited by twisternhra

2 10w3s under back seat with 600w amp and a 12w7 in the center console with 1000w amp.

Pictures

I'd drop volume to 4ft^3 for a smoother response curve, and use a 13.5"x4"'port. The box you have planned will still be loud, but I'd still up the port size some to avoid any chances of noise.

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...

I'd drop volume to 4ft^3 for a smoother response curve, and use a 13.5"x4"'port. The box you have planned will still be loud, but I'd still up the port size some to avoid any chances of noise.

I just did a finally calculation of everything and I would have 3.79cu ft of airspace with the subs displacement and without including the port. The port would be .5cu ft of airspace.

Edit: These numbers are without bracing too.

Do you think this will work?

Edited by twisternhra

Pictures

It doesn't look like you adjusted the port length to get a proper tuning with the new volume and port area.

Thanks for catching that. The box would have been tuned to 42hz

Does this look correct to you?

Capture.PNG

Pictures

I'm looking at doing the same thing in my 2011 QC Ram. Would this work for two RF T1 12's ?

I have no clue, but if you want I can send you the autocad drawings when I am finished making them.

Pictures