porting a fiberglass kick

89boxchevy

so this :crazy: idea popped in my head well at least Ive never scene it done or heard of it, to try and port the mid bass driver on a 6 1/2 component set not sure what brand. im planning on making some fiberglass kicks and a pair in my back dash in my car this winter and and thought it would be cool if it would help the performance of the mid bass driver and look sweet also. if it is possible i was thinking of using some 1in or 1 1/4 aero ports just want some opinions on if it is even possible to do and would it be worth it to do it. :cookiemonster:

89 Chevy Caprice (is under construction)

dual alts

4/0 welding cable for wire

red top under hood 3 yellow tops behind the front seat ( who needs a back seat anyways lol)

big 3 of course

Eclipse 3000

interiors are getting rebuilt now

2 crescendo bc2000

2 shocker sig 12s

rebuild pics

Seems like it would be a lot of work for something that wouldn't make a major audible difference.

But I don't have that much experience with midbass and junk

SMDSIG799x74.jpg

BHE Wall Build

TEAM DC Audio

TEAM XS POWER
1986 Monte Carlo

KMC Nova's 20"
4 DC XL's W/ PSI Recones
2 DC 5k's
Pioneer PRS 80
10 Audio Technix

6 XS Power D3100's

1 XS Power D3400

Mechman 220a Alternator

Yes people do port fiberglass kick panels, but not into the cabin. The sq guys port them to the out side of the car so that the midbass/midrange is in a total free air environment and doesnt effect the performance of the driver.

formerly known as Blue86f150

its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies.

Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive

this sux camel dicks

what about if it was inside the cabin(i dont think i would make a difference but) and tuned to say 100hz or higher ? just as an example

89 Chevy Caprice (is under construction)

dual alts

4/0 welding cable for wire

red top under hood 3 yellow tops behind the front seat ( who needs a back seat anyways lol)

big 3 of course

Eclipse 3000

interiors are getting rebuilt now

2 crescendo bc2000

2 shocker sig 12s

rebuild pics

Archived