Sonic Electronix

Setting gains without any electrical tools

He's using crossovers provided with the components which cut out any freqs the drivers are not ment for I know mine do reguardless of input signal and its better to start people in the right direction than to vomit information so the get confused or discouraged plus his HU set up won't let any lower freqs out so bottoming out is not a factor but distortion on the other hand is all in the HU volume max and amp gain settings, wasn't tryin to overload the guy but I'm sure he will be alright as long as he uses his crossovers and keeps the gains at a respectable level

im not "vomiting" information. show me proof of a crossover that cuts out LOW FREQUENCIES so the midbass driver does not get damaged from overexcursion. his headunit wont let out low frequencies if he puts the HPF on. your information is super misleading, btw.

If you set the xover on the HU the ones on the amp can be all the way up and its only going to play the frequency the HU sends

how does this make sense? why would you want the crossover frequency to be all the way up on the amp? depending on the amp, it will cut off a good usable chunk of the response band and make your speakers sound like shit because there will be no midrange.

I suggested he run the amp on full pass btw

Kenwood KIV-BT900

Front Stage

RF 400-4 Runs off dedicated 4 awg ofc

RE 6.5 125.5.

Lanzar Max Pro 6.5

Boston S60 6.5 components

Rear

Soundstream BX-15

4x Sundown SA8 v1.5

Crescendo BC3500D

2.4 net 28hz

4 runs of 0 gauge

Big 3

HC2400

700ca up front

Singer 350 Amp Alt

No deadener :/

Scytek Galaxy Alarm

By the way I wasn't saying your were vomiting information I was mearly stating a general rule, as for proof on the xovers its not for me to prove myself right is up to you to prove me wrong, but I'm sure you've got better things do to, know I was just trying to help the guy out without mass confusion. But thanks for the input

Edited by EBW

Kenwood KIV-BT900

Front Stage

RE 6.5 125.5.

Lanzar Max Pro 6.5

Rear

Soundstream BX-15

4x Sundown SA8 v1.5

Crescendo BC3500D

2.4 net 28hz

4 runs of 0 gauge

Big 3

HC2400

700ca up front

Singer 350 Amp Alt

Scytek Galaxy Alarm

Humm that's odd cause he understood an amp only amplifys the input signal if his head unit is set to send a signal from 80-20k it doesn't matter how low the lp filter is set on the amp will never produce a note lower than 80hz or higher than 20khz

you said turn the frequency knob up, which led to my little write up. if you didnt mean that, lrn2proofread

I'm sorry you didn't understand

Kenwood KIV-BT900

Front Stage

RE 6.5 125.5.

Lanzar Max Pro 6.5

Rear

Soundstream BX-15

4x Sundown SA8 v1.5

Crescendo BC3500D

2.4 net 28hz

4 runs of 0 gauge

Big 3

HC2400

700ca up front

Singer 350 Amp Alt

Scytek Galaxy Alarm

By the way I wasn't saying your were vomiting information I was mearly stating a general rule, as for proof on the xovers its not for me to prove myself right is up to you to prove me wrong, but I'm sure you've got better things do to, know I was just trying to help the guy out without mass confusion. But thanks for the input

without confusion? dude you're the one that steered the topic away from setting gains in the first place. that's when i stepped in to correct you. also, don't double/quadruple post. there's an edit feature under every single post you make. make use of it. and as for the crossovers, yes its your fucking duty to prove yourself to the best of your ability when giving information out to members that need help. if not, how are people going to take you seriously. when you stay here for a little longer than 8 hours, you'll start to notice that all the veterans post somewhat lengthy guides on how to do certain things.

Edited by Kranny

Yea my bad I usally stay out of the boards for fear of 19 y/o trolls who get mad at failing to flame someone I though your hobby was audio? did you even read the post from the start? I didn't stray anything away from anything but nice try and I did prove it to you guess you over looked that as well but its cool this post can be deleted cause its not on topic anymore

Kenwood KIV-BT900

Front Stage

RE 6.5 125.5.

Lanzar Max Pro 6.5

Rear

Soundstream BX-15

4x Sundown SA8 v1.5

Crescendo BC3500D

2.4 net 28hz

4 runs of 0 gauge

Big 3

HC2400

700ca up front

Singer 350 Amp Alt

Scytek Galaxy Alarm

But what should the HP filter that is built in to my Pioneer deck be set at?

This the first post I saw... but glad to see after reading these boards for 4 years I finally decided to join and made a friend

*also suggested he get his setup scoped and to run a fairly low gain with a high input voltage. Who really goes around blaring just mids and highs anyway? I'm an sq guy so my gain hardly ever see past 75% that's with a 4v rca input but with no subs if you can hear your mids distorting then you've got a probelm, I'm sure when this guy checks this tomorrow he's gonna be like damn I just asked a question.

Edited by EBW

Kenwood KIV-BT900

Front Stage

RE 6.5 125.5.

Lanzar Max Pro 6.5

Rear

Soundstream BX-15

4x Sundown SA8 v1.5

Crescendo BC3500D

2.4 net 28hz

4 runs of 0 gauge

Big 3

HC2400

700ca up front

Singer 350 Amp Alt

Scytek Galaxy Alarm

But what should the HP filter that is built in to my Pioneer deck be set at?

This the first post I saw... but glad to see after reading these boards for 4 years I finally decided to join and made a friend

*also suggested he get his setup scoped and to run a fairly low gain with a high input voltage. Who really goes around blaring just mids and highs anyway? I'm an sq guy so my gain hardly ever see past 75% that's with a 4v rca input but with no subs if you can hear your mids distorting then you've got a probelm, I'm sure when this guy checks this tomorrow he's gonna be like damn I just asked a question.

You are funny, you are not a SQ guy at all. If you are , then you are a shame to all other real SQ guys.

And 75% gain with 4v inputs will have distortion on a lot of amps, because most of the time they can only handle 6v-8v of input voltage, so the gain would be set waay too high.

Seriously? A SQ guy who put's his gain to 75% and has 2 15 inch subs and no amp for the speakers. ><

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

"Hardly" read dude get a life I'm sure there's someone your age who you can try to troll on and nope I'm not running a amp on my components atm my rf 300.4 is in a buddys car but yea >75% at 4v input sounds pretty good on my sundowns

Kenwood KIV-BT900

Front Stage

RE 6.5 125.5.

Lanzar Max Pro 6.5

Rear

Soundstream BX-15

4x Sundown SA8 v1.5

Crescendo BC3500D

2.4 net 28hz