ok so i just upgraded from 8 gauge wires to 4 gauge wires on my 2 db drive platinum series dvc 4ohm they are wired to a kicker zx750.1 and when i had the 8 gauge wires it would hit harder and now with the 4gauge it hits hard but i have to turn up the gain and everything to get close to what i had with the 8 gauge and my voltage goes down alot more any idead on what i should do ?

ok so i just upgraded from 8 gauge wires to 4 gauge wires on my 2 db drive platinum series dvc 4ohm they are wired to a kicker zx750.1 and when i had the 8 gauge wires it would hit harder and now with the 4gauge it hits hard but i have to turn up the gain and everything to get close to what i had with the 8 gauge and my voltage goes down alot more any idead on what i should do ?

Did you make the area for your ground a little bigger and cleaner since the terminal for a 4 gauge would be a little bigger?.. check ground.

Did you make the area for your ground a little bigger and cleaner since the terminal for a 4 gauge would be a little bigger?.. check ground.

the terminal is actually almost the same size and i cleaned off the area of the ground and everything im just trying to figure out why it hits harder with the 8 gauge rather than the 4 :/

This wire upgrade from 8 ga to 4 ga was this power to the amp or the speaker wires from Amp to Sub ?

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db

This wire upgrade from 8 ga to 4 ga was this power to the amp or the speaker wires from Amp to Sub ?

this was a upgrade for the battery to amp wires

this was a upgrade for the battery to amp wires

Have you already done big3?

Do you notice its not hitting as hard at low levels also, or just hi volume levels?

How bad is the voltage drop ?

Since you have already checked your ground you may have just opened a bottleneck and now you are at the next weakest point maybe.

And remember, gains is not a volume control the gain should be set so as not to clip.

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c

Build Log

Check ground. Make sure you sand paint off etc etc. And the gain knob isn't a volume knob. Don't fry your woofers.

ok i will re-clean the ground are and my amp is under powering then i doubt they will fry im scared for the amp

or you could just have bad 4ga wire.

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c

Build Log

You can underpower them all you want...but if you are sending signals to your woofers that are clipped to hell, you will cook the coils. My 2 cents...take it or leave it, I guess.

-98' Ford Expedition (Rest in Peace)

-AVH-P3300BT

-Crescendo BC5500

-4 18" DC m2 Level 3.