Ok,so right now in my 1998 jeep gran Cherokee v8 5.9L i have a intake and a magnaflow exhaust and i was wondering how to gain more hp and torque but at same time keep reasonable gas mileage....and no im not going to sacrifice my subs.. not sure on my budget yet but some input helps..

Edited by Bluedevil

IMO, the next logical step would be a tuner, if they make one for that particular make/model/year/engine combiniation. I'm sure they do because of the popularity of Jeeps and the abundance of the 5.9. Check out superchips or JET. If they don't make a tuner, look for an in-line programming module. Either option should get you better mileage and moar powa!!!

Hope this helps.

Had someone tell me to run a higher gear ratio in the rearend. U will lose some lowend torque for pullin stuff. I have a 5.9 in my truck and she drinks way to much gas. But I don't pull anything so its an option I'm thinking about.

SONY XAV-701HD
RF power 400.4 RF power 1000bd

3 Sundown x8's d2
2004 f150 single cab
2 sets of components MB quart 6.5 onx (2 tweets 2 6.5 perdoor)
stock batt up fron
BIG 3

http://www.stevemead...-vid-pg-11-922/

http://www.youtube.c.../TheBigmescan74

Throttle body spacer will help some and some nice headers look at something like some hooker headers. The good thing about your motor is it's the same as the dodge ram's motor so you can search what they have done. Also gears i ran 4/11s in my 97 dodge 5.9 1500 and it pulled like crazy but it will kill your gas mileage.

Don't open the rear end to save on gas. Get a tuner, like Superchips. they should offer a tuner with an 87 octane option. Any way to make the motor breathe better will gain HP plus fuel mileage. Headers would be next option

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Put your jeep on a diet and loose some excess weight, port and polish, magnum m1 intake, holley high flow throttle body and get a good set of headers. Don't waste your time on a throttle body body spacer, tuner or ignition. You can get a good set of plugs, wires and coil but their really not gonna do that much. Don't run E3'S either.

Put your jeep on a diet and loose some excess weight, port and polish, magnum m1 intake, holley high flow throttle body and get a good set of headers. Don't waste your time on a throttle body body spacer, tuner or ignition. You can get a good set of plugs, wires and coil but their really not gonna do that much. Don't run E3'S either.

why not run E3's i been running them in my jeep for 3 yrs now now problem and my mpg improved when i put them in

Team DBs (Driven By sound)

techforce_teamdbs.gif

why not run E3's i been running them in my jeep for 3 yrs now now problem and my mpg improved when i put them in

I tried them in both of my trucks a dakota with the 5.2 and a ram with the 5.9 and neither truck seemed to like them, they both just felt sluggish and were missing even at idle. So I ended up replacing them with autolite platinum's and both trucks run great now. If he can run them with no problems then by all means go for it it's just I didn't have any luck with them.