I Want The Truth Lol

I want to know for sure if it's true or not about kicker amps. Can the zx series be ran at 1ohm? .7+ box rise to be exact. I'd love to pick up the zx amps to match my 4channel but I'm sketched out about the capability of it to play around 1ohm daily. I've seen polecat post around variously so I'm directing this one towards you manG. I hear too many opposing answers

Thanks

Andrew

New project in the works ;)

I been wanting to know the same question.

well, it's hard to say, we all know there are a ton of variables. I have known some to easily run 1.0 daily, and some at .67 then with impedance rise, and voltage. My general answer would be NO, don't do it daily. But, I have seen some take 17+ volts, at .67, we've seen some ZX1500's clamp around 3300-watts. But there are so many vartiables, in each install. If had to 'generalize' , they can do it, maybe, below 1.0 . Now if you have 1.0 and up to 1.33, good voltage, I say it very well could. But I also hate any backyard kid to see my post, saying it wpould be ok. Now also, with the lower impedance, etc, you run into more current draw, more power, more heat....my question would be, why if you can get 2700 watts out fo a ZX2500 at 2 ohm. Why not do it safely?

Behind every great man....is an underwear tag!

my question would be, why if you can get 2700 watts out fo a ZX2500 at 2 ohm. Why not do it safely?

I feel ya bro..... but maybe people want to go at a lower ohm because that way they can get the most power out of the amps........ but me i would stick to 2 ohms since it sounds cleaner and its safe :P

I feel ya bro..... but maybe people want to go at a lower ohm because that way they can get the most power out of the amps........ but me i would stick to 2 ohms since it sounds cleaner and its safe :P

everyone always wants fater cars, more power, more money, but they all come at a cost :D

So if my voltage stays higher than 13V would it be ok to run a kicker zx1000.1 at 1 ohm.......box rise will bring it up and what not.......So any input would be great.

what will it be before Imp rise?

• 3 weeks later...