Sundown Audio

Having A Protect Problem

TheInfamousImpala

check the remote wire.. check the speaker wires and make sure none of them are touching each other, check the power/ground/remote wires to make sure there is NO wires touching each other...

after that, i would venture to say check the wires up front.

This could possibly be a solution..

2003 Impala LS

"Under Reconstruction"

i would check your charging system as well. you might be going over its max voltage.

as well check all the other things stated lol

Edit: saw the charging post. have you opened up your amp to make sure nothing is bouncing with your subs vibration? you could have broken something and the vibrations are making the contact come loose

Im about to open it now

2003 Impala LS

"Under Reconstruction"

also have you checked to make sure your ground is good? if its on a seatbelt bolt or something like that it could be getting a shitty connection.

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

Good questions ingram. Also one other question is where is the ground located and is there any paint on the metal where it is connected? Just a thought what class amp?

Ground is A Ok...But it seems as if a surge is coming from the power wire..I went to the fuse holder under the hood..and the flicker starts at the wire and it affects the lights in my car :trippy:

2003 Impala LS

"Under Reconstruction"

also have you checked to make sure your ground is good? if its on a seatbelt bolt or something like that it could be getting a shitty connection.

Thats the first thing i checked when it start happening (It A oK)...I was riding and all of sudden this sound started it thought something was about to blow

2003 Impala LS

"Under Reconstruction"

Good questions ingram. Also one other question is where is the ground located and is there any paint on the metal where it is connected? Just a thought what class amp?

Ground is A Ok...But it seems as if a surge is coming from the power wire..I went to the fuse holder under the hood..and the flicker starts at the wire and it affects the lights in my car :trippy:

does anything else act weird in your car when this happens? or is it only towards your stereo. i saw you said the lights would dim. but that may be because a short is happening somewhere along your system and your alt is trying to keep up with the discharge.

least thats my guess.

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

If the surge is on the power wire how do you have it wired? Alt->batt->fuse->amp?

- 1997 Chevy Tahoe- Big 3 (1/0)- Dual Autocraft Batts- JVC KD-A315 HU- AQ 2200.1D- 18" AQ HDC3- Box w/ Removable Port (6ft^3 @ 36hz & 6.7ft^3 @ 42hz)- 39' 1/0 & 13' 2/0 Flex-A-Prene

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

If the surge is on the power wire how do you have it wired? Alt->batt->fuse->amp?

Alt Battery Fuse Amp...Exactly how you have it..But for some reason its not working...Im gonna take a look in the inside to check if everything is fine and thanks for your help so far

2003 Impala LS

"Under Reconstruction"

Archived