Second Skin Audio

Something in an enclosure

Ive heard that if you don't have a ton of space to build a huge enclosure in your vehicle then you can put some kin of material in the box and it simulates more airspace. Ive seen someone do it around here. They had three fifteen inch memphis mojos in the trunk of a car and since they didn't have enough airspace they put something that looked like insulation in the box and they said it simulated more airspace so the subs would play like there was the correct amount of airspace in it. I never got to here it so I don't know if it really worked. So I was just wondering if anyone has heard of anything like this and if so is it a good or bad idea

its called hollofil its polyester

Kenwood KIV-BT900

Front Stage

RF 400-4 Runs off dedicated 4 awg ofc

RE 6.5 125.5.

Lanzar Max Pro 6.5

Boston S60 6.5 components

Rear

Soundstream BX-15

Boston S60 6.5 components

4x Sundown SA8 v1.5

Crescendo BC3500D

2.4 net 28hz

4 runs of 0 gauge

Big 3

HC2400

700ca up front

Singer 350 Amp Alt

No deadener :/

Scytek Galaxy Alarm

You can buy it at walmart... its used for pillows. Nothing special, its called polyfill.

It does help a bit for the response. But honestly, reducing the number of subs and building a better box would be alot louder.

But people say around 3/4 lb per cube for small sealed enclosures.

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |

Archived