4th order Suburban_DC Audio/Crescendo

So i bought a 1999 GMC Suburban a couple weeks ago. I pulled most of system out of my 240sx and started the burban build. It consists of a DC Audio Level 5 18" in a low tuned 4th order box. Amps are a pair of Crescendo BC2000 strapped @2 ohms. A Boston Acoustics GT-42 will run the front stage @250x2 @4ohms. 2 runs of 2/0 welding wire will feed the bass amps. Selenium 6w4p mids will be in the 4 doors. I am making a 200 amp cs144 alternator this week to power it.

IMG_20110814_172229.jpg

IMG_20110814_165900.jpg

99 GMC Suburban

2 Death Penalty 21"

2 Crescendo BC2000

Boston GT-42 Amp

6 Selenium 6w4p

4 Crescendo tweets

Hi output cs144 alt

Audiocontrol Epic-160

Pioneer DVD head unit

how do u like the Boston gt 42? i have two but wanted more power so i used 1 of my boston gt 2300s for my front stage i had 4 sold 2 kept 2. but i dont know if im gonna sell the 42s or not cuz im looking at more power but iv never used them so i dont know

2 12ks and i dont know what to do

build in the works!

looks good man. what ratio are you going for

and tuning? :popcorn:

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

Ive had the boston amp for about 6 months and it seems to be pretty good. Ive ran it at 3 ohm stereo which should be a good 300 or more watts per channel. In this setup im only running 4 ohm stereo so it should be 250 per channel. Seems to sound clean and plays the seleniums loud. I had a 250 x 2 fosgate amp for like 10 years running my mids and it took a crap few months ago. I cant tell any real sound difference except its a little bit louder than the fosgate. I like it, only drawback is the size of it, its pretty long.

99 GMC Suburban

2 Death Penalty 21"

2 Crescendo BC2000

Boston GT-42 Amp

6 Selenium 6w4p

4 Crescendo tweets

Hi output cs144 alt

Audiocontrol Epic-160

Pioneer DVD head unit

the sealed side is 2.2 and the ported is a little over 7. Tuning is about 35. Might be a little too low but ill c what it does. I made box with a removable top and bottom panel so i can adjust airspace if need be. Its prolly a little on the big side for now. Gonna be putting a plexiglass window over the sub on the top of box in a few weeks so i can watch the movement to make sure its ok but im still deciding how big to make the panel and where to get it at. a guy quoted me $50 for a 20x20 piece of 3/4 plexi locally

99 GMC Suburban

2 Death Penalty 21"

2 Crescendo BC2000

Boston GT-42 Amp

6 Selenium 6w4p

4 Crescendo tweets

Hi output cs144 alt

Audiocontrol Epic-160

Pioneer DVD head unit

the sealed side is 2.2 and the ported is a little over 7. Tuning is about 35. Might be a little too low but ill c what it does. I made box with a removable top and bottom panel so i can adjust airspace if need be. Its prolly a little on the big side for now. Gonna be putting a plexiglass window over the sub on the top of box in a few weeks so i can watch the movement to make sure its ok but im still deciding how big to make the panel and where to get it at. a guy quoted me $50 for a 20x20 piece of 3/4 plexi locally

your only going to use a 3/4 peice?

and tuning a 4th order to 35 is REALLY low. lol like tuning a ported box to low 20's

but i would try to get 1 inch thick plexi cause its going to flex like crazy.

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

Ive had the boston amp for about 6 months and it seems to be pretty good. Ive ran it at 3 ohm stereo which should be a good 300 or more watts per channel. In this setup im only running 4 ohm stereo so it should be 250 per channel. Seems to sound clean and plays the seleniums loud. I had a 250 x 2 fosgate amp for like 10 years running my mids and it took a crap few months ago. I cant tell any real sound difference except its a little bit louder than the fosgate. I like it, only drawback is the size of it, its pretty long.

yeah they are lol can u see 2 gt 42s and 4 2300s in a extended cab s10 no wall lol i decided it would b best to use the 42s in my blazer for tweeters and im keeping the 2 2300s for my components in mt s10 but cool i think ill keep them for my blazer i just dont like the dual 4 gauge power and ground and the build looks sweet and the box is awsome man keep up the good work

Edited by jakobebassbudds

2 12ks and i dont know what to do

build in the works!

ya, the dual inputs kind of crappy. I was actually able to get some 1/0 "raptor" power wires to fit in there that somebody gave me. Its actually little smaller than some nice kicker 4 guage that i had.

about the tuning...my buddy that designs some bandpass boxes made up the design. I thought it was too low but he said to try it out and c what it does so that is what i will do. I should be able to get that elbow out of the port to raise the tuning if i need to. I not going for db numbers with this build yet. Just a daily setup that should shake the ground a bit. I had the sub in a ported wall with the same amps in my 240sx. I thought it was tuned low 30's but the car actually peaked 147.x @ 27hz and i liked the way it sounded. Definately moved some good air. Sounded good with rap but little boomy with metallica or pantera. Prolly was tuned too low for that type of music.

99 GMC Suburban

2 Death Penalty 21"

2 Crescendo BC2000

Boston GT-42 Amp

6 Selenium 6w4p

4 Crescendo tweets

Hi output cs144 alt

Audiocontrol Epic-160

Pioneer DVD head unit