Jump to content

Which would sound better


medley123

Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm looking at picking up some Rockford door speakers, but don't know whether to get 2way or 3way. I read that the difference is 3-way has tweeter, mids, and bass, while 2 way has lower sounding tweeters and higher sounding bass, with no mids (please correct me if im wrong!) Which would be better to go with a 15" AA Havoc Sub? I thought I read somewhere else that 2 way would go better if I already had a sub woofer, but I have no clue :pardon:

2006 Ford Escape
Head Unit: Kenwood KDC 352
Subs: (3) 15" DC XL 15s with PSI recones, 1.4 ohm coils
Sub amp: DD Audio M4 (Black Version)
Door Speakers: (2) Crossfire 10s, (2) Hertz Coax.
Mid/highs amp: Rockford Fosgate P500-4

Electrical:
XS D3400 under the hood
(3) XS XP3000s in the back
2 runs of KnuKonceptz OFC 0 Gauge ran to the back (1 pos, 1 neg)
Excessive Amperage 300 amp alt (FINALLY!)

Posted

a decent 3way comp set will be over $250. you really looking to spend that kind of money?

nothing wrong with a nice 2way comp set.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Posted

Was looking at some Rockford Punch 6x8s 3 way, coax i think. They're not too pricey

2006 Ford Escape
Head Unit: Kenwood KDC 352
Subs: (3) 15" DC XL 15s with PSI recones, 1.4 ohm coils
Sub amp: DD Audio M4 (Black Version)
Door Speakers: (2) Crossfire 10s, (2) Hertz Coax.
Mid/highs amp: Rockford Fosgate P500-4

Electrical:
XS D3400 under the hood
(3) XS XP3000s in the back
2 runs of KnuKonceptz OFC 0 Gauge ran to the back (1 pos, 1 neg)
Excessive Amperage 300 amp alt (FINALLY!)

Posted

with coax, it really doesnt matter either way.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1074 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...