Sonic Electronix

SA-15 Sundown 2 ohm Help stuck, on box right or wrong

Jacob from Sundown sent me specs TS parameters on SA-15, listed dual 2 ohm in a sealed box and 4 ohm in ported are these interchangable?

My box port opening now is like 2.625 x 15.5 using separate box for each 15 to fit in the car. Bright star car audio just found out they made the port to long at 19.755 which if winISD is correct puts tunning at 33.9 Hz vs 35 Hz again not sure if software works well or not. Or if there is a reasonable software we should get.

Jacob said to use the suggested boxes as most speaker makers due and 35 hz is a average tuning range, and guess i could try and trim the port just in software there did not seem to be a lot of difference since tuning range is so close in tuning if again software is correct, slight loss in upper db gain what 40 hz area and slight maybe gain in lower area which I doubt none of it would be hearable if this is correct.

I am or use to be old school and used Kicker 18 comps, and kicker said L7s cone area was close and like the sound of larger woofer, not so much the L7s though and not sure what it is just not what I wanted. So trying to save the box, heavy duty made out of industrial MDF, with 3/4" wood and recut for SA15 round speaker, which if we left it that way it is would be maybe a 3.62 box. Again this and current longer port of 19.755 puts it around 33.9 Hz at 19.72 long. or should I trim the box and port down to get a 3.55 box tuned at 35 hz, and are the sub boxes listed interchangeable between 2 and 4 ohm SA15s?

http://www.sundownaudio.com/pdfs/SA_Series_Manual(10-12-15).pdf

Archived