[quote

Any place around here that does it free, Autozone, Orielly, advanced... Just depends on whats closest to my buddys garage which i believe is autozone.

Yeah as long as its not a transmission shop than youre good.My brother almost got screwed by the shop he first took it to.Cause even after scanning and pulling the code he told my bro that the trans was blown which we later found out was all BS...

PS:

My brother just texted me, The sensor that was bad in his Jeep was the transmission input sensor

Any place around here that does it free, Autozone, Orielly, advanced... Just depends on whats closest to my buddys garage which i believe is autozone.

Yeah as long as its not a transmission shop than youre good.My brother almost got screwed by the shop he first took it to.Cause even after scanning and pulling the code he told my bro that the trans was blown which we later found out was all BS...

PS:

My brother just texted me, The sensor that was bad in his Jeep was the transmission input sensor

Thanks man ill keep that in mind

My 700R4 started with the same symptoms and finally blew on the way home from a road trip about 30 miles from home. My fluid was burnt to shit and so were my clutch packs. Symptoms before it blew were slipping out of OD into third under little to no load. Eventually it had a hard time shifting into OD at all. When I ripped the tranny out the sun AND planetary assembly were shredded and missing teeth.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

My 700R4 started with the same symptoms and finally blew on the way home from a road trip about 30 miles from home. My fluid was burnt to shit and so were my clutch packs. Symptoms before it blew were slipping out of OD into third under little to no load. Eventually it had a hard time shifting into OD at all. When I ripped the tranny out the sun AND planetary assembly were shredded and missing teeth.

Ouch man hopefully its a easy fix, My buddy said that the shift solenoids are very prone to going out in these 4L60E's

Ouch man hopefully its a easy fix, My buddy said that the shift solenoids are very prone to going out in these 4L60E's

Sometimes its as simple as a sticking valve in the valve body too. If the tranny is SMELLING hot though, I don't feel good about that.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I may have missed it, but how many miles are on this 4L60E of yours. You know internally the 700R4 and 4L60 and 4L60E are internally the same right?

150k on the truck, So i am assuming as well on the trans. No i had no idea

Sometimes its as simple as a sticking valve in the valve body too. If the tranny is SMELLING hot though, I don't feel good about that.

I was told that very well could be because its working a lot harder than it should. Which is another reason my buddy told me to change the fluid.

Archived